In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Guess I was wrong about "The Show"...

TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Looks like it is far from over.

What is your bet the left trot out
another accuser during this delay ?

From the info provided at the hearing
the FBI investigation should be completed within
48 hours.

Comments

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,412 ******
    edited November -1
    IMO, Kavanaugh is all finished. The news is reporting that Trump is sympathizing with Mzzz. Ford!! [V]
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would bet at least 2 come out in the next week with some stupid claims. All they are doing is dragging their feet for time.[:(!][V][:(!][V][:(!][V][:(!][V][:(!][V][:(!][V]
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Looks like they will get their wish and it will b after the Nov Elections.

So what will be the next thing they will have to wait for.

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Straight out of the democrap play book. Their only interest is in pushing their agenda buying votes for their power. No interest at all in what is good for the country or for the people.
  • Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The FBI will investigate, find nothing concrete, and caveat the report noting that they had limited time and did not conduct a full investigation. Meanwhile, other women will come forward with accusations, and there will be acquaintances who corroborate his like for beer and frequent drunkenness during his youth. Some will state that he has had memory lapses.

The Democrats will jump on the new info and pressure the fence-sitters to voting no. None of this should disqualify him, but I rate his odds as 50-50 at best. I find it disgusting and am thankful that my personal life is not subject to this level of scrutiny and judgement.
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am SOOOOOOO confused.

How can you investigate a 'crime' that has NO date, NO location, NO witnesses, and only exists in the mind of the accuser???

There is NO WAY to prove or disprove something that DID NOT HAPPEN.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,188 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tech141
    I am SOOOOOOO confused.

How can you investigate a 'crime' that has NO date, NO location, NO witnesses, and only exists in the mind of the accuser???

how much you wanna bet anything they find she will remember, such as the date the guy worked at the grocery store, once she is told that she will remember the month, if they find a house, she will remember the neighborhood, if someone comes forward who drove her, suddenly she will remember them.......[xx(]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's finished.

The only way the Republicans might get a SCOTUS appointment seated is if they choose a female. Even better chance if she is a minority as well. These are the 'untouchable' classes of humans.

Any white male will be eviscerated just like Kavanaugh has been. It's disgusting what we have allowed the leftists to do over the years.[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best thing that could happen is a RED wave and a clear majority no matter what the Dems throw out.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,188 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    Best thing that could happen is a RED wave and a clear majority no matter what the Dems throw out.

even with that, I'm not sure it would help there are enough republicans who hate trump and want to make him look bad he still may not get anything passed.....[xx(][xx(][:(!][V]
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am SOOOOOOO confused.

+1, Based on this, how could anyone provide an alibi?

She was afraid to fly but managed to crawl on a plane somehow even though she is a world traveler on airplanes. So much for credibility!

And the polygraph questions, what a joke even if you could rely on it which you can't.

Will the FBI be allowed to look at her Therapists notes in one week period? Does any one on the face of the earth believe the investigation will be over in one week?

This whole mess can be summed up in one word, "DELAY".

I suppose this whole thing could have stayed "Confidental" but thats just not the Dummycrat way. "Never waste a good tragedy"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This may sound bad to REAL victims of crimes
    But, here goes.

To date, there is nothing supporting Dr.Ford's claim.
    FBI should request she sign a waiver of her
    psychiatric history.

At the end of this "investigation" and the Feds
    can find NO corroboration, Ford's mental state
    becomes critical.
    Her personal counselor/Shrink
    should review and render an opinion on
    the possibility she is mentally ill making this
    accusation a manifestation of said illness.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TwoDogs
    Looks like it is far from over.

What is your bet the left trot out
    another accuser during this delay ?

From the info provided at the hearing
    the FBI investigation should be completed within
    48 hours.

I hope Judge Kavanaugh has a list of 65 Black friends at the ready. And 65 g@y friends. And 65 crippled, transgender, orphaned illegal aliens. And so on ....
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am SOOOOOOO confused.

This had never been about whether Kavanaugh did it or not. The Democrats knew there's no way that you can prove something that far back unless you have witnesses.

You can't prove anything without any information...

This is nothing more than a stall tactic, and has been all along. They want to prolong it as long as possible until they get a majority so they can pick and choose who they want and not who the people want

The Democrat politicians don't give a poop about America. They only care about their agenda to get rich...

The only way stop the Democrats from raping the American people is the vote them out of office, and keep voting them out of office...

Once you get all the Democrats out office have Congressional committee investigate all the wrong doings they've done and prosecute. Making them also pay back restitution so that their kids and grandkids won't reap the rewards of their illegal activities.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would agree there will two or more loonies come forward .. they have challenged people to do so in my view

I do hope trump is listing to his advisers and saying nice things about the bat crap stupid woman so he can keep the women quiet by doing so
    as for the * she will win win no matter what I seen they have a go fund me page over 530 K in no time for her
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kavanaugh could have stopped it at any time.

He could have agreed to the investigation BUT he should have attached conditions such as if nothing is found in one week, you resign your positions.

Also that if anybody did not cooperate, they resign their positions.

In other words, if you are so confident about the allegation, put your job on the line like I have. ONE WEEK and no more.

But just to show how weak kneed Kavanaugh is, he gave up the farm. He was under no obligation to answer these allegations, due process, which he should know and uphold, went out the window on his watch. What a *, and you folks want him appointed?

He chickened out of voting under pressure, he helped erode our liberties with the patriot act, he caved under teen allegations and you guys still think he is the man to protect your 2nd amendment rights?

Give me a friggin break.

The only reason I would love to see him get the nomination is to watch the media circus. But frankly, I think the constitution is at risk here and my gloating isn't worth putting this pretender in the seat.
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    And to top it all off, we have a weak kneed president who won't fire the incompetents at the justice department. [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    He gets in.
    End of story.

Oh yeah, when did all the progressive pansies get here?
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm optimistic in that he is in.
    What's next?
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am SOOOOOOO confused.

The answer is simple. How much money, does the democratic machine have in their war chest, to pay off the FBI investigators.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    I am SOOOOOOO confused.

This had never been about whether Kavanaugh did it or not. The Democrats knew there's no way that you can prove something that far back unless you have witnesses.

You can't prove anything without any information...

This is nothing more than a stall tactic, and has been all along. They want to prolong it as long as possible until they get a majority so they can pick and choose who they want and not who the people want

The Democrat politicians don't give a poop about America. They only care about their agenda to get rich...

The only way stop the Democrats from raping the American people is the vote them out of office, and keep voting them out of office...

Once you get all the Democrats out office have Congressional committee investigate all the wrong doings they've done and prosecute. Making them also pay back restitution so that their kids and grandkids won't reap the rewards of their illegal activities.

This is more than a stall tactic. This is a concerted and coordinated effort to remove the nominee. My guess is that the dems are surprised that Trump and Kavanaugh decided to go forward.

The tactic is to throw as much mud at the candidate as is possible. Even if it doesn't stick, the candidate is dirtied in the eyes of many, and it only takes two to scuttle the confirmation.

Kavanaugh did not help himself with the childish 'Did you' response regarding his drinking during the hearing. One can chalk it up to emotion or anger, but given the tone of the accusations, it was a legitimate question from a senator who by all accounts was being much more respectful that her democrat colleagues.

He also missed a couple of opportunities to buttress the idea that Ford is not a credible witness. While a nimble mind is not necessary for sober jurisprudence, it is very helpful when hearing cases for obvious reasons.

This has devolved, as have most significant politically contentious issues over the past decade into a partisan squabble with neither side worried about the truth, only winning. It would be one thing if, as Mr. Magoo points out, the contest was over a limited government Constitutionalist. Were that the case, it would be worth going to the mat. As it is, the GOP is busy engaging in a political cost/benefit analysis; the outcome of which will determine Kavanaugh's future regardless of truth or justice. The dems have no such conflict. They have made the decision that there is political hay to be made in squashing this nomination, and have calculated that there is no lower limit to how far they can sink where the costs will outweigh the political benefit.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by interstatepawnllc
    He gets in.
    End of story.

Oh yeah, when did all the progressive pansies get here?

Been her some time now.
    Ratting like good demon/rats do.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think he'll get in. The tide is turning. More and more of American VOTERS are voicing their disgust with the confirmation.

There was this:
    Man who tweeted that his friend had been raped by Kavanaugh on a boat in 1985 but later said he 'made a mistake' could face criminal charges for diverting investigation into the Supreme Court nominee
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6223243/Brett-Kavanaugh-denied-two-new-sexual-assault-allegations-WEEK-Senate-Judiciary-Committee.html
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If some of these 'liars' would get sent up the river, most of this crap would end.

Oh, I forgot,....Jeff Sessions would probably have to get involved. Forget that ever happening.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wonder how many shell companies have
    sent contributions to her GOFUNDME account.?
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:The only way the Republicans might get a SCOTUS appointment seated is if they choose a female. Even better chance if she is a minority as well. These are the 'untouchable' classes of humans.

Ironic statement for me as I recall in the early 70's a meeting with corporate human services (hiring and promotions of personnel). I was a production line supervisor at the time. The subject was EEO related. Corporate had adopted a numbering system for hiring and promotions.

White male = 0 ,white female = 1 , minority male = 2 , minority female = 3 . My next opening for a person on my production line was for a technitian. I received a note from my supervisor that he didn't care who I hired for the position, as long as it was a female. Most qualified for the job became a secondary consideration.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TwoDogs
    Wonder how many shell companies have
    sent contributions to her GOFUNDME account.?

So payouts to ford will be handled through gofundme? Nice.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    will she have a fatal accident on the way to the bank( like klinton cronies?)...more airplane vacation travel abroad now PAID FOR...no money will be wasted on psychoanalysis and the truth.... with the loser being the AMERICAN citizen, voter, taxpayer