In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

End health care 'bailouts' for insurers, lawmakers

beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Trump---quit threatening and DO IT!

President Trump on Saturday threatened to end health care ?bailouts? for insurers and lawmakers in Washington as he continues to push Congress to pass legislation repealing ObamaCare.

?If a new HealthCare Bill is not approved quickly, BAILOUTS for Insurance Companies and BAILOUTS for Members of Congress will end very soon!? Trump tweeted Saturday afternoon.

Fox News story
0M9InwN.gif[

Comments

• Options
    m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do it. While you are at it, force Congress onto Obamacare with your pen. If these weasels want to play games, break it off in them.

L5AUZW9l.jpg
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You mean make them pay for their insurance or make them pay out of pocket for the medical care. They have enough money either way.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mag00
    You mean make them pay for their insurance or make them pay out of pocket for the medical care. They have enough money either way.

they all should have to purchase insurance through the obomocare exchange, lose their current doctor and get high deductible third world healthcare like obomocare provides
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One guy explained 's it as they have to buy Obamacare policies but get a 72% subsidy from their employer. So they get the gold, platinum or whatever policy and pay 28%
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The insurance industry is crying in public while raking in Billions in Government subsidies for working lcass folks who make less then the cut offs. That is one of the sole reasons they raised the rates is to get more subsidy money and the payments from the insured. IF Uncle Sam cuts the Subsidies yes a lot of people would initially probably lose coverage, BUT then the rates would go back to the way they were pre Obamacare or at least presumably so.

If I were in Trumps shoes I think (if I could get anything passed) I would threaten to go Single payer and let the insurance companies mostly die off!

That might get their attention. If Uncle Sam took in all the cash going to the For Profit insurance companies no dividends, No fat CEO pay so even with the slovenly Government employees and fraud adn waste it would probably be cheaper over all
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congress and govt should get the SAME insurance WE get....PERIOD