In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

China Behaving Badly Trump Says

p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-claims-u-strike-range-trump-says-000449856.html

Trump is right and it's a mystery to me why China hasn't acted to remove Kim Jong. China is usually smart enough not to pass up opportunity to garner face with the world.

China would incur a debt from Japan, South Korea, and the United States by removing Kim. It would allow the North and South to reunify under the government of Seoul and take millions of hungry Koreans off China's doorstep. It would end a 65 year old war and allow the United States to withdraw from the Korean peninsula. It would give China good position in the competition over the Spratlys.

Once Kim fires a warhead, China will have lost the opportunity and get nothing but scorn from the world, plus possibly some radioactive fallout. With 150,000 troops on the border with North Korea and assets to destroy any missile being fueled by Kim, China could easily remove him in hours. Why is China refusing to act?

Comments

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You've got me,...no idea.
    The only 'guess' I have is it's more important to them to thumb their nose at us, and show they don't succumb to pressure.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WHY? Simple why are people so stupid? Why can't American politicians do their job? China is no different.

Personally Trump needs to take out Kim and then tell China unless it wants a destabilized North Korea they now own it.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can thank Bill Clinton for China and North Korea.
    RLTW

• Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    You've got me,...no idea.
    The only 'guess' I have is it's more important to them to thumb their nose at us, and show they don't succumb to pressure.

I'd agree with this.

China does not want to appear weak, by bowing to pressure from us.
  • Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm just waiting for one of NK "dud" missiles to fall on Japan.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    What process would China use to remove Kim? Short of all out war with a nuclear power?
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Money. They sell NK almost everything they have.

Merc
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Merc,
    It seems that the North Koreas have already endured every hardship without revolution.

Kim appears well fed.

The technology they are pursuing is 50+ years old and was originally done with slide rules and chalkboards.

The population would hurt. But I don't think Kim would care.
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    China has ambitions to take over the region. As long as we must contend with NK it makes it harder for us to deter their ambition. They do not want a democracy on their border. The only thing that will convince them if for us to quit buyin their products. Cut trade.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    China has ambitions to take over the region. As long as we must contend with NK it makes it harder for us to deter their ambition. They do not want a democracy on their border. The only thing that will convince them if for us to quit buyin their products. Cut trade.

What I'm missing... if you could waive a magic wand and make China do whatever you wanted them to, what would you have them do? I don't see that they can really do much even if motivated? Halt trade with North Korea?
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nuke em
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    move nuke missiles into south korea and japan along with anti-missiles-missiles and watch china perk up and take notice. mr myopic.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think China at this point is just being tolerant to a threat to Asia and when the time comes they will lower the boom on the DPRK. Japan Taiwan, South Korea, Pillipeans, Russia, USA are all players. The DPRK would look like Iraq in 30 seconds and they know it if they did anything stupid.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    move nuke missiles into south korea and japan along with anti-missiles-missiles and watch china perk up and take notice. mr myopic.
    It's pretty well known that our submarines are stationed in the area now, so much for "perking China up". China understands U.S dollars very well, let our dollars speak, they will listen then [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any move against NK is going to result in a shooting war.

Seoul, a city of 25 million people, is under the guns of NK artillery.

The regime will devestate Seoul regardless of whether we strike or China does.

The world decided years ago that any kind of preemptive action isn't worth a couple million dead Koreans.
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    Any move against NK is going to result in a shooting war.

Seoul, a city of 25 million people, is under the guns of NK artillery.

The regime will devestate Seoul regardless of whether we strike or China does.

The world decided years ago that any kind of preemptive action isn't worth a couple million dead Koreans.

It is better than ten million dead Californians. We should have done something 10 years ago. This is the first president we have had who had the courage to do anything about it. This whole thing is Clintons fault. He gave them the technology for the nukes or helped them get it. The Clintons have cursed this nation for nothing but to enrich themselves For years. The California libs are too stupid to see the danger they have put themselves in. The NK intercontinental will reach Chicago. Now worry about South Korea.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

This whole thing is Clintons fault. He gave them the technology for the nukes or helped them get it. The Clintons have cursed this nation for nothing but to enrich themselves For years.
    Don't forget N.M Governor Bill Richardson, he was Clintons Sec. of Energy at the time and was pushing Clinton to go for the deal and of course with Jimmy Carter backing the deal Clinton thought it was a "no-brainer" [:(!]. Now we're sitting on the Brink ! [:0]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    yes we have subs in the area, but there is something to be said about having land based nuke missiles in the hands of japan and south korea along with anti missiles missiles there too. look how mad we got when russia put missiles in cuba in the 60,s, plus they could be a bargining chip to get china off its * and do something about north korea. mr myopic.
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    yes we have subs in the area, but there is something to be said about having land based nuke missiles in the hands of japan and south korea along with anti missiles missiles there too. look how mad we got when russia put missiles in cuba in the 60,s, plus they could be a bargining chip to get china off its * and do something about north korea. mr myopic.

Russia putting nuclear missles in Cuba in the 60s brought us the the brink of nuclear war. I would hope we would never want to go through that again. I'm sure Russia along with china, would also be quite displeased with the USA putting nukes in the region.

Also I could be wrong here but didn't South Korea and Japan put the kabosh on installing anti missle missles in their countries?
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

It is better than ten million dead Californians. We should have done something 10 years ago. This is the first president we have had who had the courage to do anything about it. This whole thing is Clintons fault. He gave them the technology for the nukes or helped them get it. The Clintons have cursed this nation for nothing but to enrich themselves For years. The California libs are too stupid to see the danger they have put themselves in. The NK intercontinental will reach Chicago. Now worry about South Korea.

There is a big difference between "might happen" and "will happen".

If we do nothing at all, the possibility of a strike against us is there....but it is quite low.

If we do strike them, the possibility of a devestating attack against Seoul is incredibly high.

Preemptive war is a dangerous idea to play with.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    china's only true friend is CHINA...and AMERICA flounders around to much to be believable