In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

got letter made me mad today.........

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
as some of you all know I have been off work now since 22 august, started off with catherization and off week because of 10 lb weight limit because of the plug used to seal groin, at end of that week it happens I had heart attack morning I was to go back to work, flown to pittsburg where they found massive blood clot in pulmonary artery and one in my heart.

I have been trying to get sick pay since day one, finally got mad after the 4th call and told them at least approve the first week for the catherization, they have all the medical work to approve it. well they got all the paperwork from pittsburg also on the 15th of this month and lady said I should be approved no trouble and should have backpay by end of this week.

I got a letter today asking for signature to release my mental health notes and it wasn't mandentory but I could be suspended or denied benifits If I refused. what the hell does that have to do with blood clot in my lung!!! I have no mental exam or history with the VA and don't want to start one, I am going to throw this letter in trash, if I get turned down then the fight will be on, aetna will do anything to keep from having to pay or postponing the sickpay payment but this tops it all.....[:(!][:(!][V]

Comments

• Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Hope you are on the mend Hillbille.

I (Hope) my Heart work (Mitral valve replacement,) can be handled via Catherization.

Take the "Short Term Disability," payments you have earned by working your whole life.

Get better.

-Ken-
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get better! [:)]
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    Prayers for a full medical and financial recovery.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Personally I know I'm not nuts, so taking a mental health exam would be no big deal for me. I have nothing to hide

But from what you said, they're not asking you to take mental health exam, they're asking you if they can look at your mental records. If you have no Mental Health records, what do you have to be worried about...
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    Personally I know I'm not nuts, so taking a mental health exam would be no big deal for me. I have nothing to hide

But from what you said, they're not asking you to take mental health exam, they're asking you if they can look at your mental records. If you have no Mental Health records, what do you have to be worried about...

its the principle of it Remmy, what does it have to do with blood clot?? and yes I have no records, but that is not the point as I said before even if I did it would have nothing to do with blood clot in lung and heart, and that is what the time off and sick pay is for.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What Mr. Perfect said, hillbillie! Keep your spirit up, Bud!
    What's next?
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hang in there ....6+ years ago i had a large clot plug the bifurcation of the pulmonary artery next to heart..thanks to some fine dr's in wichita i walked out without any ill effects in 5 days....just take meds regular and doing OK ...bet you can beat this also...best