In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Willow curve

thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
Have any of you guys used the Willow Curve low level laser device for arthritis? The internet ads look interesting. I'd like to hear from actual users or those who know a user.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    as i understand it it causes some heating of the surface...well arthritis is a little deeper and a good heating pad is only about $15...placebo effect must also be considered..just my 2cts
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know anybody who has used one so I can't help you on that, but watching the commercial on TV the flashing lights reminded me of all the quack gimmicks from the old days and their spokesman appears to be a snake oil salesman. It just looks too good to be true, which was the last point I needed to decide not to buy one.

I hope they do work and you can get some pain relief. If it does work I need at least two of them.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Well, they do tell some fibs up front.

It is not FDA approved because it is exempt from FDA approval. So that's a game of semantics they are playing, trying to invent an approval process that doesn't even exist.

Comment on arthritis being deeper than the surface is exactly on target. Those little LED's are too low powered to place much energy where it would do any good.

The website utters some mumbo jumbo about thermal kinetic photonic energy. Sounds like they are stringing words together to make up something that sounds technical and medical and scientific.

Heating pads.
    Couple of pain pills.
    See yer doctor.

That's about it.
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    Thought this thing sounds interesting, but so programed to gimmicks had to do some research on line. Didn't find much on the tech side, did find some reviews not on their website.

What got my attention is the Company not returning mail or phone calls long uncertain delivery times.

Part of the promotion by Willo if not satisfied with the product get full refund after reading the reviews my thoughts were will play hell getting a refund had the feeling they make the product as ordered none in stock on the shelf
  • Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. I tend to disbelieve most such ads. I know about the fake LED stuff peddled on the other website, but I could see the possibility of real lasers affecting arthritis type inflammation via increased circulation. Guess I'll have to wait and see. If it works for real, it won't be a secret long.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tales a long time from the chinee mfg to America ...land of the wealthy gullible