In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Transgender student uses girls? locker room, cause

1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
Transgender student uses girls' locker room, causes controversy

watch the vid http://fox2now.com/2015/08/27/transgendered-student-becomes-topic-of-discussion-at-hillsboro-high-school-meeting/

HILLSBORO, MO (KTVI) - Should transgender students be allowed to use the gender-specific locker rooms and restrooms of their choice?

The controversy comes after a transgender student, who identifies as female, began using female facilities at Hillsboro High School.

There were so many people who showed up to Thursday night's school board meeting that they had to move it into the gym, something that has not happened for a regular meeting in the past. This topic was not even on the agenda, but it was clear why most parents were in attendance, judging from the thunderous applause and standing ovation after one parent spoke.

High school senior Lila Perry said she's known she was transgender since she was 13. Last February, she decided to come out. She didn't take gym class that semester and used the gender-neutral faculty restroom. But this year, Perry said she wanted to fit in with the rest of the girls, so she started using the girls' bathroom and locker room.

Parents said their daughters were uncomfortable, because even though Perry wears dresses and a wig, she is still physically a male.

Derrick Good, a parent of two girls at Hillsboro and an attorney, worked with other parents and a conservative advocacy group to draft a new school district policy on the issue, which he believes would be upheld in court. The policy calls for students to use a restroom associated with the gender they were born with, or a gender neutral restroom.

"They should have the ability to do whatever they need to do in the privacy of the bathroom without having a male in there," Good said. "They have a right to their own * privacy, and I've raised my girls, and many of these parents have raised their girls, to protect that privacy. They don't share that with members of the opposite sex."

Good said the school district is concerned about stripped funding if a civil rights lawsuit came their way, but he feels the school board should be more concerned with his daughters' rights to personal privacy.

It's unclear when and if the school board will make a decision on this. Members of the school board said they cannot comment on the matter.

For her part, Perry said there's no risk for anyone.

"I'm not going to hurt their daughters. I'm not going to expose myself. I'm not a pervert; I'm a transgender woman; I'm a girl. I'm just in there to change, do my business, and that if they have any questions about being transgender, they are more than welcome to talk to me, and I'll be happy to explain it."

Perry said she's been attacked on social media and fears bullying and violence if she were to start using the boys' restroom now.

Meanwhile, the gender neutral bathroom option still stands.

this is just getting out of hand

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was in HS that poof would have had his * kicked the 1st day he wore a dress.

I blame the kids parents.
    RLTW

• Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What more certain indication would there be for a person's insanity than if that person cannot even figure out whether he is male or female?

Yet today, such confused people are "put onto a pedestal" and those who question their "enshrinement" are ridiculed for being "insensitive."

"Gender neutral" restrooms and showers -- f**king nutcases have been given waaaay too much control!
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the article in the OP...
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

"I'm a transgender woman; I'm a girl. "

No, you are not. You are a delusional male with serious mental illness and you need help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    I'm a transgender woman; I'm a girl.

No, you are not. You are a delusional male with serious mental illness and you need help.

The way that is quoted, it looks like 1911a1-fan is arguing that he's a girl.

[:D]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I thought U had to have had your ballpark frank removed/turned inside-out to be "transgender"....Shows how much of a damn it makes to me.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
    edited November -1

+10000
  • Options
    45forme45forme Member Posts: 948 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Crazy doesn't have to make sense, that is why it is crazy. On the other hand, your crazy is your problem, not mine. It seems like the school has spent a fair amount of money by creating gender neutral bathrooms. That sounds like a generous accommodation.

Again, I don't blame people for having this issue, I do believe it is biological, and they can't help it, and I do have some sympathy for them, but again, it is their problem, not mine, or the girls at the school.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jus Nuts...
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's a simple test for all this....DNA. What ever it reads, that's what you are. They can still dress up and play make believe, but we don't have to play along with them.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was in high school in the early to mid 60s the girls would have kicked his * and thrown him out themselves!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ltcdoty
    There's a simple test for all this....DNA. What ever it reads, that's what you are. They can still dress up and play make believe, but we don't have to play along with them.

but the sad part is this crap is getting forced on us, happy marriages by the government, the media and hollywierd is promoting is

there is a new reality show called "i am jazz" , just the commercials for it made me sick

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/i-am-jazz/
  • Options
    .22 L.R.22 L.R Member Posts: 189 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder how all of those liberal hollywood elitists would like it if they were forced to send their 12 or 13 year old daughter into this sort of situation. I bet the vast majority of them would be using every trick under their belt to get their precious little child out of a situation like this. They'll stand up and spout all that transJenner bunk as to how great it is but when push comes to shove and their children are at risk i'll bet their tune changes.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    High School is not a place to express your weirdness. He should stay male until out of public schools where he can be whatever type of fruit he wants to be.

If it has a BallPark Frank, it goes to the boys locker room.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When this freak gets his BallPark Frank removed he can go to the girls room....
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Some of the girls that I have known would have eliminated his problem by removing his "maleness" so that he could have had a body that matched his mind.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    High School is not a place to express your weirdness. He should stay male until out of public schools where he can be whatever type of fruit he wants to be.

Yep, either that or the parents of this nutjob need to school him at home. It shouldn't be 'normal' society's job to accommodate every freak show that happens to be born,....'their fault' or not.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    isn't it a sad commentary on AMERICA these days that a tiny minority can inject their demands onto a large opposing majority..case in point...Chanute Ks has a middle school that has had a picture of JESUS on a wall (pictoral representation) for 50+ FIFTY PLUS years till last month ONE person or family objected and got a national you cant bring religion into a school group come and make a big deal out of it so school board said take it down..and the bleening whiny bas----s did NOT even have to courage to stand up but hid in the shadows...GUTLESS COWARDS...google it
  • Options
    topdadtopdad Member Posts: 3,408 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This political correctness crap is what's going to bring this
    country down. This crap needs to be stopped,and if any supreme
    court justice, or any other court steps in they should be
    permanently removed from the court because they're too stupid
    to hold the position.[:(!]
    PS, It's going to take a revolution!
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 45forme
    Crazy doesn't have to make sense, that is why it is crazy. On the other hand, your crazy is your problem, not mine. It seems like the school has spent a fair amount of money by creating gender neutral bathrooms. That sounds like a generous accommodation.

Again, I don't blame people for having this issue, I do believe it is biological, and they can't help it, and I do have some sympathy for them, but again, it is their problem, not mine, or the girls at the school.

Seriously!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Without a doubt one.
    What's next?
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard they arrested the doctors that operated on Christine Jorgenson
    for tampering with the U.S. Male. Now what used to be a joke is considered "normal".
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...the only way he-she can be female is without genatalia....so,castrate the fool...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    ...the only way he-she can be female is without genatalia....so,castrate the fool...

I hate to break this to you so abruptly, but females have genitalia. Castrating a male animal does not turn it into a female.

[;)] [:D]
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm waiting for the announcement from the DoD that transgenders will be allowed in the military...

Though there is somewhat of a precedent..in ancient Greece there was a phalanx of happy warriors called the Enlightened Ones.They fought naked as a unit. They were supposedly good fighters.

The only problem was they couldn't do close order drill.....
    Every time they tried to do a column left or right, it wouldn't work because they were hooked together like LEGO blocks[:p]
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,267 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Libs have taken over the education depts at all high schools and colleges.
    When I was in school in the sixties this pervert would have been laughed out of the school house.

If my 16 year old daughter had to go into the locker room with some guy claiming to be a girl, I would be ready to go down to the school and beat some body's *, starting with the principal, and ending up with the 17 year old pervert who wants to go into my girl's locker room.

I swear, I was born in the wrong century, I can't handle crap like this.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by roswellnative
    Jus Nuts...

or lack there of....
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny how kids know this ain't right but the government's basically saying deal with it. I'd tell the lawyer the cross dresser is a bully and go from there. Also if "the boy named Sue" pops a * seeing a nekked girl that boy needs to go to the boy's locker then get a jacket for sexual preditor.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ltcdoty
    I'm waiting for the announcement from the DoD that transgenders will be allowed in the military...

Though there is somewhat of a precedent..in ancient Greece there was a phalanx of happy warriors called the Enlightened Ones.They fought naked as a unit. They were supposedly good fighters.

The only problem was they couldn't do close order drill.....
    Every time they tried to do a column left or right, it wouldn't work because they were hooked together like LEGO blocks[:p]

Probably referring to the Sacred Band of Thebes but all of the Spartans were happies as well but as I seem to recall reading they preferred young boys.
  • Options
    kabarkabar Member Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found myself in a woman's body but then I was born.[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The medical condition is known as "gender identity disorder", according to the Diagnostic Manual of Mental Disorders. There's no cure for it. Whether or not they take hormones, or alter their body surgically, they are transgender.

Do not be surprised when the liberals running this country change the law to prohibit discrimination again those with GID.

Neal
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you get rid of the outy and do not make an inny does that mean the condition is NEUTRAL and can be ignored ??
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

Yep, either that or the parents of this nutjob need to school him at home. It shouldn't be 'normal' society's job to accommodate every freak show that happens to be born,....'their fault' or not.

Well said, Marc.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    When I was in high school in the early to mid 60s the girls would have kicked his * and thrown him out themselves!

we would have done that in sixth grade and up, a guy would have got his * kicked just for wearing pink
  • Options
    Gunners762Gunners762 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Justice Department will launch a federal civil rights investigation [}:)] You know the deal..

The Future [:0]
    1413832461408_wps_43_Transgender_Major_Alexand.jpg
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,501 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

He was being accommodated by being allowed to use the 'gender-neutral' family restroom. I have no problem with this accommodation and would raise hell if my daughter was forced to be exposed this freak show in a locker room.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is not a she. He is a he.

No matter what the PC folks or the media say....this is not normal or OK.
  • Options
    KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've claimed to be a lesbian since I was 14 and never got a free pass to the girls locker room. Guess I used the wrong catch phrase [}:)]
  • Options
    Gunners762Gunners762 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boy needs a blanket party...
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Gunners762
    Justice Department will launch a federal civil rights investigation [}:)] You know the deal..

The Future [:0]
    1413832461408_wps_43_Transgender_Major_Alexand.jpg

Their is ZERO doubt in my mind that these people are men...
    SO, what happens with the Olympics? Will we have tranny men running the 100 yard dash against real ladies?