In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Love one another

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
Glenn Beck had his love fest in Alabama today.

He may want folks to love one another and all lives matter but he is wears a vest................check it out:

Glenn-Beck2-620x465.jpg

The story

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/08/29/photos-crowds-join-glenn-beck-in-flooding-the-streets-of-birmingham-for-unity-march-and-see-which-hollywood-actor-showed-up/
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best to wear a vest...[:o)]
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably good that he is, because I don't see a lot of black faces in that crowd. I am pretty sure that Birmingham has no shortage of black folk, so their non-attendance at this gathering sends a message about just how many of them want to seek peace vs how many are laying back waiting for their shot at Whitey.

The "Can't We All Get Along" narrative is great, IF you have the hearts and minds of all people ready to play nicely. Only a fool, or the Love Child of Helen Keller and Ray Charles would see that as the case today.

You can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep and the guy with the dark suit/sport coat is his hired gun that's by his side.
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes body armor no doubt ! Considering his love endeavor I'm surprised he is not doing a better job concealing the vest.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Almost everyone can be nice and get along- but the key is almost. When everyone decides to play, then people can take off the protection.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My old lawyer, Joe Kerry, is now Glenn's personal attorney. He left his practice behind to strictly work for Mr. Beck. Joe is a great guy and made me a lot off of my accident. He gives me free passes to Glenn's show when he is in NJ, but I never go. Not really a Glenn Beck fan.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might be surprised at who wears body armor, and has armed security.

And they are damned smart for doing so. In case you had not noticed it, there are a BUNCH of fruitcakes running around out there.

If I were Glenn, or any other well known talk show host, I damned sure would.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    You might be surprised at who wears body ammo, and has armed security.

And they are damned smart for doing so. In case you had not noticed it, there are a BUNCH of fruitcakes running around out there.

Must be something new.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody else hate autocorrect? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

[:I]
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    Beck isn't stupid. He has PO'd some people over the years.
  • Options
    minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    Yep and the guy with the dark suit/sport coat is his hired gun that's by his side.

Best I can tell, that guy has his attention focused on Beck.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    You might be surprised at who wears body armor, and has armed security.

Exactly.

We never hear on the air the REALLY serious nutcases that call into talk shows. It is a prudent move for anyone in the public's view -- whether engaged in controversial political debate or not -- to take extra security precautions.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OH don't get me wrong, I don't blame him for wearing it I just find it very Ironic.

Here is an event where we are all supposed to hold hands, get along and sing *-by-ya and the guy who is putting it on is surrounded by security and wearing a bullet proof vest.

I find that ironic and a little hypocritical.
    RLTW

• Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't stand him, self-serving.
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The real threats against Beck and his family are well documented. He wears a vest because there are many that want him dead for expressing his opinion.

I listen to and like Beck and his message. Sometimes he is over the top but is speaking from the heart. His charity, www.mercuryone.org. is funded by Beck out of his pocket, not donations.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    The real threats against Beck and his family are well documented. He wears a vest because there are many that want him dead for expressing his opinion.

I listen to and like Beck and his message. Sometimes he is over the top but is speaking from the heart. His charity, www.mercuryone.org. is funded by Beck out of his pocket, not donations.

I am not saying anything really bad about him.

But like I said I find it ironic.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

I am not saying anything really bad about him.

But like I said I find it ironic.

+ 1
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    about guarantee glenn is packing too and probably his wife, and probably more than 1 bodyguard...i see nothing Ironic
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is kind of funky going on a get along love fest promotion wearing body armor in plain view with no attempt to conceal it a little.
    Imagine someone sowing up drunk at a MADD meeting, Ironic ? yes.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,437 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Onehandude
    It is kind of funky going on a get along love fest promotion wearing body armor in plain view with no attempt to conceal it a little.
    Imagine someone sowing up drunk at a MADD meeting, Ironic ? yes.
    Yep.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes the magic undies are not enough...[:o)]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    come dressed and secured like that to a love fest seems somewhat hypocritical