In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Whats the most accurate pistol youve ever shot?

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
What the most accurate pistol youve ever shot? And what groups where you getting at what range?

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Encore 7-08rem 2" 5 shot groups, iron sights off a rest.And no, I don't claim to be a good pistol shooter.
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Ruger mark 2 w/ the 10" bbl. Called it " my hand rifle". Could pop squirrells outta trees at 75 to 100 paces. Awesome!!
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smith & Wesson model 41 using Eley Tennex...10 shots, one dime sized ragged hole at 50 yards.Desert Eagle .44 (14" barrel/scoped).....3.1/2" group at 200 yards. ....no, I wasn't shooting off hand....
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    S&W 29 six shot group 5" siting, factory sites.Have taken jack rabbits at 85 yrds.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    XP-100 in 7mmBR with holosite. 3/4 inch groups at 100 yds with 28.5gr Re7 and 120 BT. Groundhog kills to 376 yards and many kills 2-300yds. Want to see a deer hit the ground? Put the little red dot on the eyeball and gently sqeeze!! This method is not recommended if wanting to enter head in big buck contest!!!
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Darn varmint,if your using a 29 for jack rabbits you may have to change your handle to jack rabbit devastation.Much left to clean using a 44?
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How would I know ... I'm not that good of a shot ...
    Sometimes the most obvious, IS the most elusive!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    GHD- I would LOOOOOVE to try that XP-100 w/ holosight, that sounds like a lotta fun!#1 A Belgium Browning Hi-Power with factory Winchester ammo. A friend's gun, first time with him, I picked it up & shot the x-ring out the 25M target, 98% of the time thereafter. I still won't own a 9mm though.....#2 My Colt Woodsman. That little .22 hits just about everything I point it at.
    Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My trusty old Ruger Blachhawk .357 w/6.5" at 25 yards.
    Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Standard .22 cal
    Ken
  • Options
    Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    At the '84 Olympics I helped out as a range safety officer. Got to shoot a couple of Olympic pistols - set up for running game.Wow, what a blast, one I most remember was a Hammerli - same hole accuracy!!!!!!
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
  • Options
    dobieman0690dobieman0690 Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my 586 with a 8 3/8 in barrel .4 group at 50 yards off a rest using a red dot shooting 158 gr norma JHP with 7.5 gr unique
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shootist....Did you ever get to meet a coach named GMGC(SW) Joe Jones of the US Navy at the 84 Olympics? He worked for me for a couple of years after coaching the women's Olympic pistol team. One of his girls picked up a Silver Medal in rapid fire at Los Angeles. Beach
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Beach, don't recall meeting him, spent most of my time at the running game venue. Met lots and lots and lots of folks, wish I'd kept a diary to remember all.
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The most accurate pistol I ever shot was a government model 1911. I couldn't hit squat with it but it belonged to my Marine DI grandfather that could rapid fire that thing into the black all day long. Master Sargent Lewis Cumerlotti, He's missed
    "It's great to be great, but it's greater to be human." Will Rogers
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    oldfriendsoldfriends Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, I have to agree with KIMBERKID. I did get serious once with a Thompson Center Patriot. Using .440 round balls, .015 patches, saliva for lube, worked up and down to arrive at 30 grains of FFFG GOEX black powder, RWS caps. At 25 yards from sand bags was able to consistantly shoot 5 shot groups that touched. At 50 yards had 5 shot groups at that were averaging 3+- inches. Shooting offhand I could hit the paper
    Life is Tough!It's Tougher if You're Stupid
  • Options
    Lew99Lew99 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In pistols my best is with a SW 422 .22 caliber 6 inch. Free hand is amazingly accurate and I only have about 200 rounds through it. Inexpensive gun and cheap ammo, what's not to like?
  • Options
    Jungle JimJungle Jim Member Posts: 264
    edited November -1
    HK USP MK23 Special Ops 45acp Even with subsonic loads, it's the best I've ever fired.
    "De Oppresso Liber"
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Simian Arms Model Jennings 22 with mini-bayonet... I hit the broad side of a barn from 12 paces, and I still laugh when I remember how they said it couldn't be done! HA HA HA
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Monkey, was that before or after the manditory 5000 rd. break in period as mentioned in another post....
  • Options
    Patrick OdlePatrick Odle Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi-Standard Sport-King. Have shot bullfrogsat 15 to 18 feet with use of flashlite at night. Also missed some but could average better than 50%. the ones I missed was not fault of the gun.
  • Options
    PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For .22's my current bullseye guns' been the best, a Buckmark 5.5 Target. For the .45's, of the ones I've shot from Colt, Springfield, and Para....I still hit more X's with my Ruger P90. Better accuracy for half the price. Can I shop or what?
    Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often and for the same reason.
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pup,Me thinks your scared of a REAL gun
  • Options
    coyote-mancoyote-man Member Posts: 78
    edited November -1
    Dan Wesson 445 Super Mag, shooting 300gr. hard cast SWC at 50 yrds w/2x7 scope; groups were 3/4" for 3 shots. Done this 2 out 4 times. Barrel had been fired lapped 60 rds.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do TC Contenders count as handguns??
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    7mmNut, Probably cout about as much as my xp's do!!! I absolutely think the 7mmBR is an awesome little beast!! It ranks right up there with the -250 and 25-06 as being a great invention!!! You want to build a whitetail rifle? Build one on a Model 7 (they're easier to find than xp's) action with a Pacific Research ultralite stock and the glass of your choice (or a Holosight since I can still see) and you would have the ultimate 200-250 yard deer gun!!! It would be light and almost an extension of your arm to shoot and accuracy would be inherent!!!! GHD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    7MM nut - NO
  • Options
    glb243glb243 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I inherited a few handguns from my father, one is a S&W mod. 41, definately the most accurate I've ever shot. Another is an old Gov. Mod. 1911; which my father could pound tacks with at 25 yards, I'm still trying to keep it on the paper!
    Aim small...Miss small
  • Options
    califsaecocalifsaeco Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A S&W K-32 6 inch in .32 S&W long
  • Options
    califsaecocalifsaeco Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A S&W K-32 6 inch in .32 S&W long
  • Options
    PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    supermunk.....The only REAL gun I'm REALLY scared of is a Jennings. Assuming of course they're real guns to begin with. Actually owned one back in the day, ended up giving it to a friend of mine. Subsequently he doesn't call very much anymore As for my lowly Ruger, the thing actually outshot a Springfield Trophy Match, both from a solid rest and offhand with two diferent loads. And I didn't even have a coupon!
    Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often and for the same reason.
  • Options
    gunnutgunnut Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well im not a real good shot with a pistol, however a friend of mine is amazing with his kimber. I did see him hit a clay target at a measured 123yrds. It did take him 12 shots to do it though He was very close on all the other shots. I have seen him keep a group in about 1.5in at 25yrds off hand.Ebeshirs are ya out there ?
    ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~