In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Missed you guys (and gals), and I bet you didn't know I was gone.

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Just got home from the hospital. Had a bad case of Pneumonia, and was sick as heck. I didn't know how hooked I was on the board until I couldn't get on line. I even had my wife bring me her laptop, but I couldn't hook up to the hospitals phone line. Man, I need this interaction, or I go through withdrawls. Ten days of not checking in on the yack was worse than the illness. Glad to be back on line!
Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!

Comments

• GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear you're back! And hope you're feeling better!
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad you are out of the hospital dheffley. I hope you're feeling better!
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Lucky for you that you didn't have double Pneumonia or you would have been gone for twenty days, lol. Seriously, glad you're on the road to recovery and are back where you belong.-Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelNRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad you're back and healthier. And actually, I had noticed your absence once you pointed it out. Problem is, there are so many interesting folks here, it takes a while for my poor old brain to notice when a *particular* voice is absent.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Thanks men! Boy, do I have a lot of reading to catch up on! I've got a few days before I have to go back to work, so I'll just catch up on everything.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    SooooooooooooWhen are we going to the range?
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pleased you're feeling better. I hate sickness. Skip ALL the bullzeye stuff, ain't worth reading.Welcome back.Clouder..
  • UnclePatUnclePat Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pheumonia?! You see, heff, you weren't getting enough lead and powder residue in those lungs! How else are you gonna keep the bad stuff away?
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    10 days!!! I'm glad your o.k., a hospital can be a dangerous place in 10 days.My wife had to spend some time in the hospital last fall and they had a computer mounted to the wall. I told a nurse it was to bad that it wasn't hooked to internet. She said it is and we were welcome to use it.A lot more fun than soap's on TV. Also handy to leave e-mail messages to family.
    standard.jpg
  • SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hard to say whether this condition is an affection or an affliction,I find it can be both,hope your both on the road to recovery and the gun range.
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Glad you are up and running again - and I thought is was bad with that weekend blackout in Jan.
  • tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome back, dheffly. In all bad things comes something good. I had pheumonia in Sept. of 2000 and it was the motivator for me to stop smoking. I've been free ever since. I hope your recovery goes well. But, take it easy at first. You'll get this addrenillin resh and want to conquer the world when you're first discharged. A relaps is VERY serious. Be cool. Take it easy and stay on this board. Time will heal ya'. Tideman
    "Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"
  • j2k22j2k22 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ditto that on the relapse- do take it very easy for longer than you think is absolutely neccessary. Glad you're back!
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. I feel like I'm back among friends. I did over do it a little yesterday, and I'm paying for it now! I guess I thought I was back to full strength. Man did I mis the call on that one!Read until my eyes hurt last night, then slept until noon trying to recover. Got some past due gun cleaning caught up, and I'm watching the grandkids tonight so my son and daughter-in-law can have a belated valentines.I'm going to the range for about an hour or maybe two, tomorrow. Need to work on the hand built a little, and need to finish the design on the four barrel darrenger (kind of like a C.O.P.) so I can finish milling the receiver.My first round of pneumonia was at age 27, and it was no big deal. At 54, it kicked mya$$.Glad to back among you, and thanks for the best wishes!
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear that you are back.I suppose all you needed was a Re-Boot.