In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Omega good or bad

Ghost Town PosseGhost Town Posse Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
This year our family put in for the muzzloader hunt. I already have a traditional Hawkins rifle but this year I want to go with an inline. In the Cabelas catalog I was looking at TC's Omega. I like the look of the gun and the 209 primer looks a lot better than the cap primer on my Hawkins. Does anyone own one of these or heard anything good or bad? As it turns out my dad and two brothers are also looking at the same gun. We are talking about going up to the local gun shop and picking up four of them. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Someday when I'm cool I'll have a .50

Me own a 9mm...I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a brush fire!

Comments

• anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got my first Muzzle loader - a T/C Omega 50 - last summer. I'm still very green with BP but I love this gun ... one sweet gun![:D]

I have the Stainless with Camo stock ... it doesn't LOOK like a gun, but it sure shots like a gun - a rifle, no delay at all. Nice trigger, too, just squeeze and bang!

Only problem ... I wish it did not make such a loud click when closing the "lever".
  • D.S.COLED.S.COLE Member Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The T/C Omega is the best designed and super accurate muzzleloader out there, the lack of length in the reciever lets it have a 28 in. bbl. to give extra velocity without overall length increasing. It shoots harder with great accuracy and the simplest to clean after shooting than any other.You can insert and remove the 209 primer with no tools or plastic gadgets, Its my choice over all the others.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    From what I've read they are very nice. I still have an Encore though

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    You can't go wrong with any Thompson Center Product.

But;I don't think Davy Crockett would recognize an inline as a Traditional Muzzle -Loading Rifle.

Probably not even recognize it as a Muzzleloader.

1-Powder

2-Patch

3-Ball

4-Remove the Rod

5-Do Not Forget the Cap.