In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Our Deer Camp..........................

s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
edited September 2003 in General Discussion
While at Deer Camp last year one of our buddies bagged his Buck the very first morning.Being kind of bored the next two days because no one else in camp had tagged any Deer at all; we were all putting a lot of time in the woods.
Well Thursday morning he decided to take a short walk behind the Cabin and try for some Geese down at the lake.They are nearly always there.They are not in season at that time of year,but he wanted to take a chance because we have never seen a Game Warden near our camp.
Seeing a dozen or more Geese upon his arrival;he snuck through the bushes and positioned himself in a good vantage point and then just patiently waited.Soon after the geese came within good shooting range and he then blasted away killing six birds.
Well he left to make the trip home that afternoon and thought it would be very clever to hide his Geese by stuffing them inside his buck.
On the way home along I-80 he was flagged over for a Hunter Check Station Search that they do at times in Penn.The Warden looked over his license and then asked that he open his trunk so as to inspect his Deer.Noticing a feather hanging from the Deers belly he took a closer look by peering inside the slit opening.
He then remarked;well there are Geese in here and they are out of season and this Buck is stuffed full of them.
To that my friend responded;Well I'm sure glad I shot that Goose eatin Son-of-a-Gun [:o)]