In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Don't let the facts get in the way...

ForceReconForceRecon Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
For all you crusty ol' XM-15 (Ar-15/M16) lovers- your rifle still blows, even today.

Okay, here comes the stun grenade...

Give it up you stubborn dolts, no matter how much you lie about it, twist your anecdotal experiences, or modify/massage the truth about that POS, it's still a dirty little .22 that should have never been.

Read this and weep, especially you 'r e m f s', 'Nam or otherwise, that claim it NEVER jammed on you (you know who you are, yeah, Mr. Typewriter repairman). In that case, you might be telling the truth because only time you ever handled one was on the drill field and when you grabbed your mean ol' black rifle when you were pissing in your drawers as the B-40's were raining down.

Especially those of you that claim you were in 'Nam in '65-66 when they first issued the weapon without cleaning kits. Curious thing about that, you were told they NEVER needed cleaning. HAHAHAHAHA you drank the Kool-Aid, didn't yuh? Yup- I wonder why those Sp-1's started coming with cleaning kits in the butts? Could it be because they were jamming? NEVER! They don't jam!

Oh, wait, I forgot. You were busy busting split rims over in motor T because you were a s h i t b i r d the night before on watch. Gotta stay off that weed bro'.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2007/02/atCarbine070219/

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Gee, I guess he doesn't like those little plastic .22"s
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well you can rage against the UN all you like but they are still gonna use the 5.56x45 for atleast the next decade. The Good news is they have been looking for a more reliable Issue rifle for the US military.
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    t2612.jpg
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • ForceReconForceRecon Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    Well you can rage against the UN all you like but they are still gonna use the 5.56x45 for atleast the next decade. The Good news is they have been looking for a more reliable Issue rifle for the US military.

The UN? Don't you really mean NATO?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 35WhelenClassic
    t2612.jpg

35, you're so clever. I can't keep up with you. sigh.
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget to shut off your Xbox later, FR, you can't memorize all those military terms if your copy of Call of Duty cooks off.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 35WhelenClassic
    Don't forget to shut off your Xbox later, FR, you can't memorize all those military terms if your copy of Call of Duty cooks off.

Oh yes, and don't forget to sing yourself to sleep with your songs of Saigon and Long Binh prison beany boys whooping it up in your hootch.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RebelRooster
    Gee, I guess he doesn't like those little plastic .22"s

You would be right. They were a defective design from the start, and they still are. It is simply plain stubbornness as to why these rifles are still around. They should have all been melted under one mass Thermite grenade long ago.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I don't care for them, if I'm defending my life.

Doug
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Not another keyboard commando.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's not stated in this piece points to an entirely different problem.

As related the malfunction rate of these rifles sounds outrageous, but pay attention to the details. There were multiple units involved in this battle, but note how all incidents the article recounts were experienced by personnel from the same unit - which contributed less than 20 personnel. Notice also that these people began experiencing the same malfunction issues during their initial rounds fired. There were lots of personnel from other units there that day using this same weapon/ammunition combination who engaged in much more prolonged fighting without experiencing such problems.

With all due respect to these people, this account actually points toward deficient weapons maintenance at either the operator or armorer level within that particular unit.

Such an obvious sidestepping of these issues within this article shows an intentional slant on someone's part and adoption of a new weapon system would mean many millions of dollars in people's pockets. Call me cynical, but you can bet there are some people either currently in bed with HK or plan to be after they ETS.