In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Russian "spies"

KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
anyone keeping up with this story?

Something does not add up here...at least to me it seems very odd...

AFAIK government spies generally do not live a posh lifestyle (unlike James Bond in the movies), flashy cars and big incomes attract the wrong kind of attention.

My take: I think they were Russian spies, but not government, rather for Russian "businessmen" (read: oligarchs or mafia) who needed to rub elbows with important types to steal business secrets

Comments

• Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps make inroads into America for the russian mafia. Yes, I think you have a point. Reminds me of a Cosner movie.
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    Perhaps make inroads into America for the russian mafia.

you got that right.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Probably both, Medvidev, Putin and their cronies are still corrupt Commies that are not to be trusted, but this inept Administration is stoopid enough to trust the Ruskies.

Truman should have turned Patton loose, big mistake in stopping him...[;)]
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Russian and Chinese interests are always the same. Whatever they can steal or rob they take.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They haven't been charged with espionage either. Fox NEWS reported that it was because none of them had Government Jobs with high enough Security Clearence to access sensitive information
  • Options
    CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
    edited November -1
    quote:Something does not add up here

It rarely does when news media reports what the government told them, relating to secretive stuff.

Who is stupid enough to think we are getting the whole story?
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Does she Know Doug/Colt Super??
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Doug
    Teach her What Messing around With An AMERICAN
    Will Getcha[:D]
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like she WANTS some.... interrogation....[8D]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,425 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    Russian and Chinese interests are always the same. Whatever they can steal or rob they take.
    In other words they are just adding a little competition for our gov't.
  • Options
    CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
    edited November -1
    If I met her, I'd pretend to have top secret info that I would be willing to divulge... *ahem* if properly persuaded.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Captplaid.....damn, she can spy on me anytime! Hopefully I have some secrets that she wants! Those damn Russin women have too much Viking in them!! The actual ones I saw on the news didn't look anything like this "spy." I think the Russian's have pulled the wool over BO's eyes. Putin still in control with his ex-KGB minions still running the show behind the scenes. They talk pretty while sticking their hands in your pockets.
  • Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    quote:My take: I think they were Russian spies, but not government, rather for Russian "businessmen" (read: oligarchs or mafia) who needed to rub elbows with important types to steal business secrets

Isnt putin the richest man in russia now?
  • Options
    aw3olaw3ol Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your buinessmen a Russian spies they could be working for interpole and you'ld never know it simply exchanging Rubles for Euros... It's when they become activate they're a problem!

[8]
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    They haven't been charged with espionage either.At this point they've been arrested on charges which allow us to hold them for an extended period but don't require that we expose the extent of our knowledge.

Don't assume this investigation is completely wrapped up.