In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

tell all the women in your life about this

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins

Bottled water in your car is very dangerous!

On the Ellen show, Sheryl Crow said this is what caused her breast
cancer. It has been identified as the most common cause
of the high levels of dioxin in breast cancer tissue.

Sheryl Crow's oncologist told her:
women should not drink bottled water that has been
left in a car.
The heat reacts with the chemicals in the plastic of the
bottle which releases dioxin into the water. Dioxin is
a toxin increasingly found in breast cancer tissue.
So please be careful and do not drink bottled water that has
been left in a car. Pass this on to all the women in your life.

This information is the kind we need to know that just might save
us! Use a stainless steel canteen or a glass bottle instead of plastic!

LET EVERYONE WHO HAS A WIFE / GIRLFRIEND /
DAUGHTER KNOW PLEASE!

This information is also being circulated at Walter Reed
Army Medical
Center
No plastic containers in microwave.

No water bottles in freezer

No plastic wrap in microwave.

A dioxin chemical causes cancer, especially breast
cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic
bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently, Edward
Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle
Hospital , was on a TV
program to explain this health hazard.

He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us.
He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using
plastic containers...

This especially applies to foods that contain fat.
He said that the combination of fat, high heat,=2 0and plastic releases
dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body...

Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex
or ceramic containers for heating food... You get the same results, only without the
dioxin .
So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be
removed
from the container and heated in something else.
Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper.
It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He
reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved
away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the
reasons...

Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran wrap,
is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave.
As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out
of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.

This is an article
that should be sent to anyone important in your life!

Comments

• Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86
    I call BS.

I don't think so, you can snoop it if you want to but I have heard this before and aluminum causes alzheimers especially when it holds cold fluids containing a peculiar combination of hops yeast barley and sugar[:D]

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/458991/sheryl_crow_didnt_get_breast_cancer.html
  • proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    i called bs and they said it was bs.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    I call BS.

I don't think so, you can snoop it if you want to but I have heard this before and aluminum causes alzheimers especially when it holds cold fluids containing a peculiar combination of hops yeast barley and sugar[:D]

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/458991/sheryl_crow_didnt_get_breast_cancer.html

Maybe it was the heroin she used?

Hops+yeast+barley=Good!!
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    How about we not drink bottled water out of plastic bottles that have gotten hot simply because the water tastes like plastic.

Soooooooooo......Why does the flavor change?
    Something somehow was added to the water as a result of heating up to change the flavor.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm
    Bottled water is a multi-billion dollar industry.
    Have you ever paid MORE for a bottle of water than a soda?

What do you think the bottled-water folks would say about it?

Does Corp. America CARE if we get cancer?

Perhaps you should think again.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootertutor
    How about we not drink bottled water out of plastic bottles that have gotten hot simply because the water tastes like plastic.

Soooooooooo......Why does the flavor change?
    Something somehow was added to the water as a result of heating up to change the flavor.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm
    Bottled water is a multi-billion dollar industry.
    Have you ever paid MORE for a bottle of water than a soda?

What do you think the bottled-water folks would say about it?

Does Corp. America CARE if we get cancer?

Perhaps you should think again.

Try drinking the crap out of the faucet here. Gives you a case of the Hershey Dog Squirts worse then a Mexican Burrito washed down with a glass of Mexican Beer. Make a Goose poop look like a dried piece of granola.
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    I lived in Odessa for a while.
    I remember.
    I wondered if it would burn!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootertutor
    I lived in Odessa for a while.
    I remember.
    I wondered if it would burn!

And yet they tell us it is safe. Glad I only come my home here on occasion.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    What about the sodas we put in the fridge or any other drink in plastic. Guess we should avoid ALL drinks in plastic containers. ex-MILK.

Guess that leaves only one family of drinks that are safe. ALCHOHOL. Aint none in plastic. Jes good ole glass[:o)][:o)] Im switching today .. NOMORE plastic for me. Jess GLAASS[:p][:p]
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Footlong- they sell BOOZE in plastic bottles now. You need to get out more.[:)]

As far as the Alzheimer's/Aluminum- aluminum cans are NOT aluminum on the inside. If they were, a Pepsi would eat thru the metal within a day. They get a spray coating of a varnish type material that keeps the contents from contacting the metal.

Water and soda bottles are PET, so where does the dioxin come from in PET? I'm betting on the lifestyle, not the Perrier.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NEWS FLASH.....from the Spasmcreek Deleterious Diagnosis Determination Decree Diatribe Center....LIFE CAUSES CANCER...get used to it
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everyday its "something" that causes something.. ANY cancer is a terrible thing.BILLIONS have been poured into "research." Some improvement in treatment,,,but there will be BILLIONS more put in,,,for "research."..imo..nambu
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Milk comes in paper cartons coated inside with....You Guessed It - PLASTIC!

Coke cans coating inside are Plastic!

Milk jugs are made of Plastic.

Prepared food comes in trays coated with PLASTIC.

Paper Plates are often coated with PLASTIC.

Even the paper products that are NOT coated are made of Bleached paper and pressed together with high heat - makes Dioxins.

Me and the Wife are both over 56 and have used Plastic in its many forms since it was popularized in th 50s...guess we are just lousy with cancer - but it ain't got us yet!! Maybe sometime in the next fifty years or so.
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep your water out of the car if that makes you feel better...........but have you forgotten it gets shipped in hot semi trailers and stored in hot warehouses? What are you going to do, require refrigeration the whole way?
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    I call BS.

I call BS on this one too... I have too many beer drinkers in my family, and by the grace of God cancer has never been a serious health issue in my family. Unfortunatley alcoholism has and that is why I chose not to drink, in hopes of breaking this curse so my kids may go on free of it's bonds.

Second note, men too can get breast cancer as well... So if the bottle water is the cause, then guys should be reporting in as well. I think Ms. crow has allowed her enviromental beliefs to interfere with facts to morph into yet another enviromental scare tactic. Typical enviros, if they cant force their bs on you they will try and scare it into you.

Anyone have a clue how much water Mr Armstrong has consumed from a plastic bottle post prostate cancer?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Look, all you cancer fear mongers!!!......

I have spoken to an old, extrememly intellegent vet. One day I asked him IF he blived like I do, about pets and cancer.
    I belive that the reason pets get cancer, is from forgein preservitives in their food. He agreed 100%.
    No matter what you beleive, we are animals too. Just about ANY food you eat bought from the store, has preservitives in it. Many people can not pronounce. If you all fear cancer so damn much, stop eating all the preservitives.

I will tell you though, there are many will will run around scared about getting cancer, but won't stop eating the preservatives.
  • agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    You are born with cancer in your system. Just takes the right carcynogen to kick it in gear.
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Soon as a few Dimwitocrats see this, there will be a new tax on plastic containers, like the tobacco tax. Yeah, 5o cents up to a quart and $1 each after that. What a gold mine. Then the lawyers could find lots of clients with cancer to sue all the container makers. Then plastic containers could be banned from restaurants, public places and all government buildings. Then states could tax them again and ban them from bars. There will be a boom in the glass making industry. One million new jobs will be created over night. Sand will become the new oil as the middle east ramps up sand shipments to industrialized nations for glass making. Sand will be taxed at $100 per metric ton bringing billions to Obamachev for programs he hasn't even thought up yet. I tell you, it's great information and must be believed, like global warming, yeah, where's big Al?
  • bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    IF bottles of water get hot enough in a car to cause a release of some chemical that may cause cancer than you should drink NO bottled water. Every bottled water that was not shipped in winter would have gotten very hot in it's transport to the central shipping facility, and/or the shipping to the store. Most foods receive staples shipments in non-refer trucks, and a metal semi trailer gets insanely hot during that trip.

I'm not saying it is true that hot bottled water would cause cancer, but if you believe it would you should stop drinking bottled water entirely.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Saliva causes cancer, but only if swallowed in small quantities over long periods of time.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sheryl Crow seems unaware that bottled water isn't stored under climate controlled conditions until it reaches her corner store.

Depending upon the time of year, ALL bottled water is exposed to heat during shipment.