In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ft. Smith AR site of new Walther plant.

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
The parent company already has a plant there making various entertainment items and will do some sort of gun manufacturing there but nobody seems to know exactly what. Manufacturing of guns? Assembly of parts made elsewhere? Nobody seems to know. Projected 70-120 new employees but I don't know how they can predict the number of new hires if they don't know what will be done there.
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's almost local for SW Missouri. I can pick up Ft. Smith tv on my antenna, on a good day.
    If they start making guns, I wonder if there'll be any openings for product tester?
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lead
    That's almost local for SW Missouri. I can pick up Ft. Smith tv on my antenna, on a good day.
    If they start making guns, I wonder if there'll be any openings for product tester?
    I might would entertain "Floor Sweeper"... [:D]
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    i bet they know what they're planning for and just arent saying.

either way, thats a fairly broad spread so i bet it covers a lot of ground.
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would imagine gun makers are wary about making announcements for fear of bad response from press and or public. But AR is a pretty gun friendly state and Ft. Smith is desperate for manufacturing jobs after Whirlpool closed last year laying off about 600 line workers.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58
    quote:Originally posted by lead
    I might would entertain "Floor Sweeper"... [:D]
    [8)]

Snoopy-on-Rainbow-Tin-Lunch-Box_14860-l.jpg?v=14860