In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

cell phone question

TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
edited November 2007 in General Discussion
I have a Galaxy G3 now and it is fine. One issue I have is getting unrecognized calls and trying to hang up on them. When you swipe the hang up icon it sends the call to voice mail. Is there a way to actually hang up on the call without answering it?

Comments

• TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    What was name/model of the last Cingular/AT&T cell phone that was just a basic phone w/no camera, internet etc.
    edited November -1
    How do you send a picture over the cell phone.

Mrs. Plaid says you guys know everything.
    edited November -1
    I was trying to choose among the phones offered by my cell provider and saw one that says it doesn't have analog roam.

Does this simply mean that I won't get service in areas where digital service is unavailable? How widespread is digital service these days?
    edited November -1
    It's time to sign a new contract & get a new phone. Anybody know which make & models have the best reception?
    edited November -1
    I bought new cell phones for myself, my wife and youngest daughter yesterday.
    Other than simply throwing the old ones away - is there anyway to donate them to some organization? The phones work perfectly but my wife wanted something more modern and my daughter wanted one that would take photos.
    Anyway, if anyone has any ideas - I'd appreciate the information before I toss them.
    Thanks
    John

Vietnam - All Gave Some -Some Gave All

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    If you wish peace, prepare for war!
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Up here in MI you can get a digital signal as long as your near a interstate, once you get off on a state highway coverage is spotty.
    I would not go with one that does not have analog roam.
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    More and more Digital service - analog is dying out.

Ask for coverage charts/maps from your chosen provider - usually the coverage is more than shown, as the systems are continually being upgraded.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Around here you can't get an analog phone anymore. If you have an old analog phone you can't give it away.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • youngsparkeyyoungsparkey Member Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Friend was just told by his provider that as of Feb. 1 his old analog phone no longer will work, completely dumping the analog system. This sucks because where we hunt his old analog bag phone was the only thing strong enough to get a signal. We have tried several different phone and company's with no luck.[:(!]
  • tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    Don't choose a South Korean plan if you miss a payment they can blow your * up!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tobefree
    Don't choose a South Korean plan if you miss a payment they can blow your * up!!!The ROK version of CSI took a dump on this tale.

That was the story told by the guy that "found" his co-worker dead in a quarry. Come to find out the guy accidentally killed him with a piece of heavy machinery, which also crushed and shorted his phone battery.