In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

peep sight question

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Just got my first peep sight and I'm going to put it on my muzzleloader. Question is that there are 2 sets of holes, 1 forward and 1 rearward and the sight will fit either one. I am thinking that I want it as far back as possible. Am I correct? Happy Halloween to all!!

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67
    [Question is that there are 2 sets of holes, 1 forward and 1 rearward and the sight will fit either one.

Go for it. Don
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On my 45-120 sharps target, I have the same setup with lyman multi-inserts on the front. Circle in the front- small post in the rear.

Meaning you can configure your front peep in many different configurations.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    The closer you can get the aperture to your eye (without having it poke your eye) the more precise will be your placement of the front post/bead.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ray B
    The closer you can get the aperture to your eye (without having it poke your eye) the more precise will be your placement of the front post/bead.
    There's your answer.

For fine accuracy with aperture sights it's also important that your head/eyeball is indexed to precisely the same spot each time.