In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

St. Louis Gun Shops

He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2002 in General Discussion
I will be in St. Louis on Saturday with a free afternoon. I am looking for a shop where I can try on a bunch of shotguns. Any good shops there with lots of shotguns?

Comments

• Options
    BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try Denny Dennis'. I haven't been there since 1999 and it burned to the ground in 2000 or 2001? It is now rebuilt and I think it is on the same site. In Fenton down by the Meramec River. Yellow Pages will have it.

There is also a place called Dunn's which advertises on the radio and TV adds. I've never been there, but again, it will be in the Yellow Pages.

World Class Outfitters used to have a lot of high end stuff, but I hear they are out of business now.

Sorry I can't be more specific with directions and such.

KC
  • Options
    azgunnut2@yahoo.comazgunnut2@yahoo.com Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey , If in the area and have the time ....(its worth the trip), go accross the river down to Pinkneyville , Illinois & go to "Hicks" gun
    shop , people from st louis and all around go there , little shop ,
    Bunches of guns (wall to wall), I grew up in so. ill , and later when we had a shop there , hicks was our only real competator....we owned
    the "gun gallery-d.a. stearns" in marion....Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!
    azgunnut2@yahoo.com
  • Options
    bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not specifically a gun "shop", but there is a Bass Pro Shop just across the Missouri River in the western 'burbs of St. Louis. Can't remember the name of the little town. Clayton seems to ring a bell, but don't hold me to that. You could look in the phone book. Lotsa guns there last time I was in St. Louis for a visit a couple weeks ago.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, guys! I lived there for 10 years so I get around prety well, but that was 20 years ago, and I don't know the shops at all. Thanks again!
  • Options
    CAndres35CAndres35 Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THE BASS PRO SHOP IS IN ST CHARLES AND THEY DO HAVE A LARGE SELECTION OF SHOTGUNS AS WELL AS ALMOST ANY KIND OF HUNTING OR FISHING GEAR YOU WANT. YOU CAN SPEND THE BIGGEST PART OF A DAY THERE WITH NO PROBLEM. LOOK IN THE YELLOW PAGES THERE ARE NUMEROUS SHOPS AROUND THE AREA.ALSO ON THE ILL. SIDE BELLEVILLE,COLLINSVILLE FAIRVIEW HGTS. CARL
  • Options
    ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TRY DENNY DENNIS IN FENTON (OLD GRAVOIS ROAD )JUST GO IN AND SEE DENNY JR OR ANY OF HIS HELP .GREAT PEOPLE, NICE SHOP WITH A LARGE SELECTION .636-343-9447.
    KEEP ON BANGIN BOYS ,DON