In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

first remington bolt action

cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
i finally own a rem bolt action rifle.
a guy i know asked me if i wanted to buy his 788 in 22-250, got it and scope for a good price...havent got to shoot it yet though.
anyways i took it apart and i dont see any where to lighten up trigger pull on this rifle. i take it the trigger on the 788 is not adjustable? its not to bad but would like it a little lighter. any ideas?

Highmore.gif

Comments

• groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    cowdoc, ENJOY THE 22-250!!! Triggers were not the most favorable triggers to tinkerers like ourselves but the locktime is second to none!!! One of the most accurate hunting rifles I've ever seen was(I did say hunting) a 22-250, 788 that a friend had back in the 70's!!!! Not too pretty.....they'll ride the tractor, combine, pick-up just fine, and they'll shoot the daylights out of varmints!!!! GHD
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I took my 700 to a 'smith and he lightened it and reduced the creep for $20. I don't recall if the 788 uses the same trigger group or not.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the trigger can be "stoned" by a smith,..but it has to be disassembled. Timney has been developing one for a few years now,..but it hasn't made it to the market yet.

Enjoy that 788,..they are some great shooters.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shot a couple through it this evening to check and see if the scope was sighted in and it is....the trigger is good other than bit tougher to pull than what i like but will be a truck rifle so is plenty good for that

Highmore.gif