In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

got the ok from my banker to

cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
me and my brother are thinking about buying a better semi and grain trailer to haul grain in the winter like what i have been doing for neighbor now the guy i am driving for has a 97 379 pete exhd 475/495 cat 10 spd i have drove it about 2000 miles in the last five days and is a good truck .....damn i must be a glutten for punishment.....get up and feed cattle before sun up and then run about 350 miles or so a day hauling grain but one guy we are hauling for has 240,000 bushel of wheat that we can haul on guess we have already have hauled 25,000 of it sofar

Highmore.gif

Comments

• Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Keeping busy keeps you out of trouble and puts bread on the table. Don't know what else I'd do with myself if I didn't work so much. Get tired of goofing off after a day or two of vacation.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    sounds like the truck is a good investment

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • Options
    tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cowdoc,
    How's the high price of diesel affecting your profit margin?

Tideman [In TEXAS]
  • Options
    TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Cowdoc If you are makeing a decent wage driveing this truck for this other guy keep doing it. With the price of fuel going up and no idea of where it will stop. And no way to controll freight rates. You realy dont want to be buying a truck right now.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • Options
    tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in S.E. TEXAS we're payin' $1.45 to $1.48/gal. of Diesel.
    I don't see the price falling any time soon.
    I sure hope you make a livin' as an owner/operator.

Tideman [concerned in TEXAS]
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Darn! I thought you were gonna say-"Just got the o.k. from my banker to
    send all my money to daddo"!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Daddo that would'nt be very much money [:D]
    Tools we need to replace our semi and grain trailer that we have with a someting alot better to haul our own grain and cattle with because if i ever got DOT'd with our old rig they would use a very big stick to spank me with[:D]all it is good for now is from field to bin site so if we get a pretty good low mile truck we can keep it a rolling all year
    i can get this semi and grain trailer pretty cheap the guy i am driving for buys and sell trucks and he has connections with insurance company to buy trucks cheap that are slightly damaged this 97 was layed over on its side with very little damage other than to hood and fenders which we have allready fixed and the sleeper is scraped up on one side but we found a unibody flattop sleeper in perfect condition for 125$ that only needs to be painted and put on [:D] the frame didnt get hurt drives down the road like a car. put it this way i can get a $35,000 truck if it was on a lot for 15,000 fixed up and you would never know that it was ever hurt and with the electronic engine it shut off right a way and did not get hurt in fact it has 4000, miles on the oil change and has not used a drop of oil and looks it just had brand new oil put in it guess the only thing bad would be is that it would show a salavage title but would not matter to me as we would run it untill there was nothing left of it anyways

Highmore.gif
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    That sheds a whole new light on it then. If you need it to replace something you have to have anyway is one story, if buying to use as a money maker is quite another. You didn't say how many miles or when an in-frame was done. If you were talking about a Kysor shutdown on the engine, it doesn't shut down immediately with lack of oil pressure/overheating so any damage may not show up for awhile.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • Options
    edited November -1
    punchie
    they pulled the pan and put new rods and mains in it just to make sure and was told that everything looked like new in it yet but went ahead and put them in anyways this is a 600,000 mile truck with the electronic 3406 cat, 8 brand new virgin drives ,not recaps, new steering tires, brakes are 90%

Highmore.gif