In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cowdoc - Select-fire Great news

TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just got the card in the mail. That Gun show I have been waiting on is going to be on March 6. I will pick up that 8 gauge shell.
TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.

Comments

• TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    BTT
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What gun show?
    edited November -1
    Florance March 6 at the civic center. I need to pick up an 8 gauge shell for Cowdoc.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

edited November -1
    BTT
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

• cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got an 8 ga shell somewhere that was given to me when I was a kid around 10 or so. It is a green Remington with "Industrial" on the head stamp.
    edited November -1
    The ones I have been getting are black and also say industrial. I think thay are used to blast the * out of furnaces in steel plants.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

• gunrunner68gunrunner68 Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me look around. I have a case of them I think. If I find them You all can have them.

"I did not get where I am today by worring about what I did last night"
    edited November -1
    Gunn runner that would be great. I have been getting them and sending them to friends who are doing ammo colections. RLDowns gave me a box of .357 Maximum. I had never heard of it before. I have been giveing it to friends for there collections.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

• gunrunner68gunrunner68 Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will look this weekend. I also seem to remember having a cannon that shoots them! They did/do use them to clean the ovens out. If I'm right I think a case had 100 of them. I let you know if I find them

"I did not get where I am today by worring about what I did last night"
  • cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cool....Tools!
    looking fwd to getting one in fact i dont think i have ever seen one..first time i have been on the puter for about a week now been very busy hauling grain so what been going on?

Highmore.gif
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    cowdoc, You gonna switch any ground to beans instead of corn? I'M TEMPTED!!! But so is everybody else! And with all the d... deer, I'd be lucky to get 25 bushels!!! GHD
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Charlie do you husk the corn before ya eat it????[:D][:p]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    GHD......looking hard at planting beans again and quit the sunflowers planing on more corn acres.....might be a lot more corn if the winter wheat fails.....for me cash corn here is .40/bu higher than about month ago makes 2.70/bu cash here today and i have most of my corn to sell yet not that we raised a lot last year though.
    if corn belt gets some dry weather i look for cash corn to go over 3.00 can get a 2.50 new crop contract today....thats pretty tempting to lock some corn at that price........but it doesnt act like it wants to give us any moisture here yet....looks like this might be the dryest winter i have ever seen

Highmore.gif
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    cowdoc, Those 9.04 beans are something! I beleive for me the corn will still be the safest way to go though! I can deliver to the mill here (10 mile trucking) and get a premiumand I know it's a ready market whereas the bean deal would require a bunch more trucking and planning! Whatever corn I plant will be Yield Guard!!! That's a given after seeing all our compares from the research plots! GHD
    edited November -1
    a guy here that has been storing his beans for a while now, few years worth.....he is well off so he can aford to do that, just sold his beans few days ago.....he has little over 50,000 bushel of them....i damn sure like to have that check he is going to get[:)]

Highmore.gif