In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anybody Have A Pacemaker

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
I have to go to the heart doctor on May 6th because i am getting dizzy when i stand up and have passed out before. I wore a Holter monitor and my heartbeats drops into the low 40s when i am sleeping.[:(]

I looked at my paper when i left my doctors office and it said to see doctor to determine if i need a pacemaker.

Come on man i am only 50.[:)]

Comments

• Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Undertaker removed mom's. Used about 2 weeks. Before she died. Need one? St. Joseph. Hardly used. I'll put it up for auction here.
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd rather have a peacemaker, than a pacemaker...
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I've got one of those.
    W.D.
    gunboard_3.jpg
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of my best buds has had a pace maker since he was a around 40 (49now). There are certain things you can no longer do when you have one, but I'm sure your electrophysiologist and cardiologist went over that with you.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    I'd rather have a peacemaker, than a pacemaker...

That is how my one track mind read it also!!
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope i do not see her until May the 6th. What can i not do anymore?
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welding is a big no go when you have a pace maker. My bud found that out the hard way, when the doc said no welding he meant it (ended up in the ER). He is a millwright so there was some adjustment to his work. He works for a decent company and they work around the no welding. Normal power tools are ok. You should stay away from strong magnets, also. Many people lead normal lives with a pace maker.
  • Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My niece (22 now) has had one since she was 17. I don't know what her lifestyle limitations are.
  • Options
    tjh1948tjh1948 Member Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IIRC, John Amber of Gun Digest fame needed one. His Cardiologist placed it in a position so that recoil would not effect it.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Not any more....She Divorced me.............
  • Options
    slingerslinger Member Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a pacemaker until one of the wires came off. Now I have a defibrillator.
    My medical team didn't tell me much; I think they were more interested in the money.
    But I asked about the welding part, saying that from time to time I had to make a little stitch.
    "Oh, you can't weld"!!!!! After some arguing it was decided that I could weld "a little bit", but I had to be careful. Oh, no I say, I'm never careful when I weld; results are a lot better that way.[:)]
    I've had the defib for about eight months and it hasn't gone off yet.
    Reason for the defib was a heart valve chemotherapy fouled up.
    Cancer is some bad juju, but I think the treatments to get rid of it are worse. I won't make a list.