In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Expelled from the range

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
Just asked a group of four to leave the range. Actually asked one to leave and the rest decided to go. One came in with a pistol in hand with slide closed despite the large letters on the front door advising not to do that. I could see the the customer's face when one of my guys asked him to point the weapon down,then to let my employee clear the weapon. The group was middle eastern and I could see the guy with the gun didn't like being asked to handle the gun safely. Anyway they were taken back into the range and shown how everything works. Within five minutes my youngest employ came out telling me the same guy was walking around the range with his pistol in hand and finger on the trigger despite him being warned twice. My guy wanted to expel him from the range. I had him stay up front and asked one of my Marines to check it out just in case the customer was offended by my younger employee. They all soon emerged from the range and the Marine very curiously refunded all their range fees.I'm sure they weren't happy but that's better than someone getting hurt.

Comments

• Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jihad averted.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Good on you Brother. Jackwagons like that, have no business at a range, where other folk (like me.) are there to safely observe a shooting resource.

GTFO, comes to mind.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good move, my first thought that he suddenly found himself facing 6 loaded weapons probably was not the best in customer relations, but might have been revelatory for him.
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too bad that a no stupid people sign would offend stupid people
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    edited November -1
    Offer them a ham sammich?
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    See no reason for a refund, people just need to understand stupid will get you killed with firearms!!
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,034 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the well over 25 years I have served as a certified range safety officer and instructor at my home range I have on a handful of occasions warned and re-warned (and patiently explained rules) put people off the property...

Over the same time period whilst working the counter at the gunshop I had a handful of similar exchanges with customers...

One was also a range officer - instructor - club member and one was a township police officer...

And wholesome always justified and clear cut I always feel that in someway the failure is mine because I was unable to reach an understanding with the party in question.

But nobody is getting seriously injured or killed on my watch.

Mike
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately Ricci its not just the customers that can get stupid.

Here in San Antonio last week we had a negligent discharge at one of the indoor ranges here. According to the reports, two employees were engaged in a defense class/demonstration and one of the employees discharged his weapon striking the other employee in the chest (or stomach depending upon which news report you read that day).

Two cardinal rules -- Every gun is loaded and Never point a weapon at anything you do not wish to destroy -- were ignored/violated.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should have done the world a favor and shot his *[:D]
    RLTW

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06

THe way Ricci described the mans gun handling it sounds like a Darwin award will be awarded in the near future.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now where would I get a gun???quote:Originally posted by Sam06
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06

+1, and his camel, too!![:D]
    Glad you got it resolved safely, Ricci.
    I had to dis-invite a fella from showing up at any more of our IDPA matches due to his not understanding the '180' rule. I'm a big fan of my .40 cal weapons, but let me guarantee you, when you're looking down the muzzle of a .45 from 5 feet it looks more like a 12 gauge!
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well one of those glocks might accidentally spontaneously discharge for no reason and tag one of your bad actors...

Mike
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ricci Wright

https://www.GunBroker.com/

[:D]
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Get the Finnish Army chick to do him..Good pratice for her and it would really bum him out to get iced by a girl[;)]
    RLTW

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,382 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    Offer them a ham sammich?
    BLTs.
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess offering 'them' a basic pistol class covering safe firearm handling would have been too hard to do.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh gee we should have thought of that. Thank you for your input. quote:Originally posted by iceracerx
    I guess offering 'them' a basic pistol class covering safe firearm handling would have been too hard to do.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh gee we should have thought of that. Thank you for your input. quote:Originally posted by iceracerx

You are most certainly welcome.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I almost replied ?screw you? but that just wouldn?t be nice and I always try to be nice. Till I decide not to be cause there?s some folks you just can?t be nice too.
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Must have had a Taurus we all know you are predigest against anyone with a inferior gun. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey I love me a Taurus. Some of the safest handguns in the world. [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I almost replied ?screw you? but that just wouldn?t be nice and I always try to be nice. Till I decide not to be cause there?s some folks you just can?t be nice too.

Wow, just wow.
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could be that where they are from that is safe firearm handling.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Middle Eastern? I wouldn't have even served them in the first place
  • Options
    slingerslinger Member Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are some people you can't afford to do business with.