In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Illinois Gun Show Feb 28/29 Going?????

4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just wondered if any Illinois members are planning on going to this show. Would like to meet and put faces to some of these names. Its a great show with all the major manufactures there with their newest toys. The place is huge, 3 stories with every toy imaginable. Great gun give aways, door prises, and super sales on selected firearms. You never know in advance on the special sales but I've been going for about 10 years now and purchased a firearm every time. Last year, he sold over 2000 firearms in just the 2 days of the show. Also for the SW fans, they have their Performance Center people there and you can get a free "tune up" on any Performance Center model you have. This is the biggest gun shop in Illinois.
Ron

http://www.gatguns.com/

Comments

• bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    Where is this? Never mind, I opened the link. I'll see if I can make it. Only about 45min. away.

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd be up for it. Is Saturday a possibility? I work Sundays.

Regards,
    190191.gif
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see a possible trip north comin up soon. Always lookin for deals on guns, or any other huntin thing. I'm game if anyone else is.

Only the strong survive!!!!!
  • CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey 4000fps, if I show up at the show will Mike, Randy or Daryl give me a discount. If anyone wants to see the shop that dreams are made of you gotta go to Gat Guns just once but it takes 2 days to see everything.[8D]

PJ
  • CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PS...When is the Winchester Ammo sale??

PJ
  • 4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    CHGOTHNDER, not sure when the next ammo sale is. Also only Rose { upstairs cashier} will give you a 10% discount but it will cost you a good lunch or dinner. Hey we know the same people. You going??

drobs, I usually go both days but won't know till last minute what time. I'm on 24 hour call for the weekends. What time would you be going?

taco413, you going?

Anybody else for sure? Sally??

William81, hope we get to meet one day.

I don't know how or where we could meet. This place fills up very quickly. I'm talking like 500 people at least by 10AM. Parking is always a problem. Any ideas????? The only thing I can come up with at this point is thier enclosed enterance at a certain time maybe????

Ron
    edited November -1
    I'll let ya know later in the week. I'm in the middle of finishing a room in my house and don't think the forewomen is gonna want to give me the day off.[}:)][:p]

SALLY
    edited November -1
    Same here, gotta make sure there's no honeydo stuff to do. If'n not i'm up for a meet. Let you know sometime during the week.

• elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bloomington has a show same days and alot closer

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif
    edited November -1
    Not gonna make it this time.[V][xx(] Way too much to get done before the baby arives in a few weeks. Wife isn't much help. Little too big to get much done.[:D][:0] Hopefully we can get together for one of the outdoor shows in the summer.

SALLY
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alright, I think we need a head count.

drobs (me) Saturday only.
    4000fps yes.
    bsally no.
    elect1mike wants to go to closer show so no.
    taco413 no.
    william81 no.
    chgothnder maybe.

I'm thinking maybe we should plan another visit to the rock as soon as it opens. Or if you want drop by my shop some Sunday. I work at
    Maxon Shooters Supplies

As for dan

Regards,
    190191.gif
    edited November -1
    Dan

I will definately be in for Buffalo Rock in the spring. Whenever that comes.[:(!] Have a new rifle that needs to be sighted in. Wouldn't mind throwin some clays out there too.

SALLY
  • rameleni1rameleni1 Member Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I won't be at the gunshow. I have already spent my tax return on a Colt m4. I will be going to Buffalo as soon as they open. April 4th is the first Sunday they will be open. Weather permiting, I will be there.

Rameleni1
  • Bob1001Bob1001 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll try to make it this weekend, but I have a problem. I don't plan on buying anything, but in order to "handle" firearms, do I kneed my FOID card? I haven't been able to get one as other problems had to be dealt with first. I don't really have a problem going to a show and just looking, but I'd really like to get the feel of them too.
    edited November -1
    Gotta go to S. Illinois to help my dad fix his porch this weekend. Where is buffalo rock? I'll make sure that I can be there. One other question, will we be able to shoot my armalite .50? I can also bring my .50 beuwolf to plink with[:D]

• 4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just an update. I cant make the show today { Sat}. I picked up a job for today and can not afford to turn it down. I am trying to get a very, very small part time business { remodeling/interior design } off the ground. At this point I am jumping through hoops as they say for people to get our business started. If I finish the job today, I will be there tomorrow.
    drobs...I am going to drop in to see you at Maxons
    I would certainly be up for a shoot at the Rock.

If anyone goes Sunday I'll have a black satin jacket on with an IBEW logo on the back. My name RON with white letters on the front. Six feet tall and very handsome. HEHEHE I'll probably be drooling around the SW500. Dont carry a cell phone or pager. Well got to run and start jumping through those hoops taht I mentioned. You all have a great day and stay safe.

Ron
  • gunstosellgunstosell Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HOW ABOUT TULSA, APRIL 3,4?????quote:Originally posted by 4000fps
    Just wondered if any Illinois members are planning on going to this show. Would like to meet and put faces to some of these names. Its a great show with all the major manufactures there with their newest toys. The place is huge, 3 stories with every toy imaginable. Great gun give aways, door prises, and super sales on selected firearms. You never know in advance on the special sales but I've been going for about 10 years now and purchased a firearm every time. Last year, he sold over 2000 firearms in just the 2 days of the show. Also for the SW fans, they have their Performance Center people there and you can get a free "tune up" on any Performance Center model you have. This is the biggest gun shop in Illinois.
    Ron

http://www.gatguns.com/
  • WIN-COLTWIN-COLT Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The bloomington gun show is put on by the egyptian collectors association, and IMHO is a very lame show if you are a semi-rare gun collector. They have the same vendors at the show that are primarily selling rugers. I have seen what goes on in behind the scenes at these egeption collectors shows and it is sad. Any real deals on guns are bought by other dealers before the show starts, and they coordinate their prices in the pre show meetings. So there is no real deals to be found at E.C.A. shows. At some point in time the gunshow has also became a beanie baby show whth over priced guns IMHO.