In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Oooops!

RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
New video of shooting?

The new evidence reportedly includes footage never before seen by the public -- or the defense -- from a security camera at the clubhouse near where George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin.

Add to that witness accounts, and prosecutors said that was enough to charge Zimmerman with murder, despite his claims that he shot the teen in self-defense. Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder.

Comments

• RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania-AP -- A pair of suspected bank robbers made it easy for police yesterday in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

Officers say the men blundered into the middle of an unrelated police action as they fled the scene of a bank hold-up.

Police were looking for a man wanted in a bank robbery earlier in the week when the suspects' car sped into their midst.

As one officer put it, "They ran square through the middle of a manhunt with a helicopter above it."

The men abandoned their car after hitting a pole and were arrested.

Police say they found two handguns and money from the robbery on the sidewalk.
    edited November -1
    This was embarassing when it happened, but the more I thought of it, the more humorous it seemed . . . and I figured no one would mind a laugh at my expense.

Standing in checkout line at area pharmacy Halloween morning. Mother with two small, costumed, children ahead of me. Nice little ankle biters just being kids & I was joking with them, pretending to be scared, the usual routine. Then I turned to their mother and remarked that it was nice to see adults join in the fun with their kids and complimented her for her realistic Elvira wig. If looks could kill, I would have grown a wooden stake in the heart in the next nanosecond. Wasn't a wig. Oooops!
    edited November -1
    Almost got Mrs Rembrandt arrested and on the 6:00 news the other day. She was flying out to Phoenix for a visit and took one of the bags I use for hunting trips....has all sorts of zippered pockets, I had forgot and left some .44mag ammo in one.....fortunately she found it before the airport metal detectors did....now I have to convince her I didn't do it on purpose....
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 25,185 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like Valentine's Day will be very special for Mrs. Rembrandt this year to get you out of the dog house. Good thing she found it in time.....[This message has been edited by William81 (edited 02-09-2002).]
    edited November -1
    She's been hinting around about some new furniture....guess this will be my punishment....why is it every time I make a mistake it cleans out the bank account, but if she makes a mistake...shouldn't I go gun shopping?....Hope all you young single fellows are paying attention....
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure, Rembrandt, Sure, she is going to want you to by that new 1911 clone, that new Baretta Shotgun, and that new Sako 75 you have been wanting. Man, I would think by now you would not even dream about fair any more. Enjoy the new furniture! All three rooms of it.
    edited November -1
    ...What you talking about HeDog?...."3" rooms of furniture?!?!...I thought it was only one room.....besides, after the new Kitchen episode...all I ended up with was a caulking gun and a nail gun.......(sssshush)....can you keep a secret?....I haven't told her about that new Bushmaster I got two weeks ago....I'll just play along like the furniture thing is really killing me....heehee...(Rembrandt...the submissive husband & marital politician) [This message has been edited by Rembrandt (edited 02-09-2002).]
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Say Mr. Rembrandt, Don't you have an old 1911 or Garand Etc. laying around some where that you would just love to give to Rosie? Think real hard now. Are you sure?OOOOOOHHH Mrs. REMBRANDT!!
    edited November -1
    Rosie,What you are implying has been called many things,....Capone called it protection, FBI calls it extortion, and others say it's blackmail....wouldn't you be just as happy with a couple boxes of ammo?
  • legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Rembrandt look at it this way, furniture is cheaper than a a new car. Maybe the Mrs is going easy on ya.
    Work'n like a dog all nite