In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Doesn`t anybody like bees?

218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Is there no one else who seesthe loveliness of bees?.218

Comments

• will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Can't find one in bolt action. I f I do I'll take good care of it and feed only good ammo and oil it evr so often and.............
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, take it to a mechanic. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...and I would love it and I would hug it and I would call it George...Honestly, I have been rather taken with .22 Hornets and think I will own one one day (the K variety, I think), after I get done playing with my .222.Does that count? Also a stinging insect, ya know...
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    How about .338 Lapua Mag?Lapua's an insect, right? Sorry Bee, I cant see the particular attraction about the .218, nor the .177 for that matter.Why need to be so small? [This message has been edited by Bullzeye (edited 02-13-2002).]
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Bullzeye...it`s a 22,man!Do I have to say it?...very well then......Doesn`t anybody like .22s? .218(.224 bullet)
    Did somebody say somethin` about bees?
  • RedlegRedleg Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love bees!Bees make honey, and from that honey, I make MEAD! The finest libation in all of creation!
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bullzeye thinks you need a howitzer to kill anything .218, maybe someday he will grow out of it. Nothing wrong at all with a .218 or any other small cals. Sometimes smaller is better.
    If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
    edited November -1
    "Tell me again george,tell me about the rabbits"...Good ta hear from ya 250,been missin ya!!.218
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess what the latest Raging Bull pistol is?
    edited November -1
    Gruntled:Are you gunna say somethin` about bees?I was just wishin` for a RAGING BEE,the other day! .218
    edited November -1
    It was just a fantasy..please tell me what you know..and where you heard it.You`re not pullin my leg,are ya?.218
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Taurus Ragin Hornet in .22 Hornet. Already out and I want one.
    If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bees are nice how could anything made from a 32-20 bee bad.I like Hornets too.WOODS
  • OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Hey Bee I have an old Winchester in 32-20 now does that make me a BEEKEEPER? Have a old box of original ammo that came with it when I bought it years ago....Bought it from a buddy that got drunked up and made a target on his wall in his house and was shooting it was arrested for it and convicted of a felony so he had to get rid of it. He was a pretty good pal but moved far away and don't see him much anymore. He has never brought it up since he sold it to me...
  • varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bee, You know I like Bees.I sent you the bee bible.I wont one.How is the .225 win doing?I like mine.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ".......so give hime a cage, where 'the Bee' can rage...."
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • jastrjastr Member Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HEY BEE...... I like the little ones and all....... but when youve got a job too do its just not enough
    lets all be responsible! shoot a criminal!
  • Captain GunbrokerCaptain Gunbroker Member Posts: 29
    edited November -1
    its been saidthat the bee is a smalln dangerous roundthats why most thy barkeeps have one aroundwhen mates drinkn start a fightinpeepin down the barrelis a lil enlightn
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218:I have a .22 HP, can I count that, huh, can I please. I know it shoots an odd size bullet but I love it like you love yer bees. Clouder..
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I never meet a bee keeper I did not like.
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    concealedbee218, I don't know about that one..
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BeeKeep, I wouldn't mind having one for targets and varmints, but isn't the ammo a little hard to find = more expensive? Wouldn't plain old .22 LR suit me better?
  • 11thcanopy11thcanopy Member Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Beekeeper, Was wondering if you Bee fellows ever did get rid of the Verona (sp) mite that was such a problem a few years ago. Do you move your hives from citrus, to palmetto, to Brazilian pepper like most everyone else ? Ever get a wild hair and take them up north and put them on clover.Don't expect it has any real value but heard a "lady" sing a song with a "bee" theme real late one night. Believe it was on a street corner in Munich. Whole lot of years ago.Went like this:"While the bees make the honey,let your * make the moneyif you can't get five take two"I notice a lot of gun sellers use a variation on that theme.Watch out for that "mean" hive.jrdewitt@webtv.net
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tried to find it on Taurus web site but it seems that has not been upgraded for some time. Read somewhere that they had a .218 Beeat the Los Vegas Shot Show. If I can find the article I will post it. Will definitelyfind out for sure at the NRA convention in Reno in April.
  • legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My next new name would have to be legn218Bee, a little long but what the heck.
    Work'n like a dog all nite
    edited November -1
    Wow!!I just got home,and am very pleased to hear all this talk about bees! Otoman,that would make you a BUMBLE BEE KEEPER!Varmit,the 225 is nice..I put a Burris on it,but think it deserves more than the 6 power I already had,so I wont even shoot it till I get a stronger scope.Clouder,22 Savage HI POWER..there`s a 99 that I don`t have yet..wish I did!I`ve bought two sets of RCBS dies for when I do. I do have a few rifles in 250-3000 though.11thcanopy,I`m afraid I don`t keep them kind of bees,the ones I keep,never get verona...But I must confess,I had a few too many Coronas last Saturday night. .218
  • Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZBBBBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZBBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.22-250 in a lever action Browning here.
    edited November -1
    Miss.Creant,looks like ya got a nice Buzz goin`. .218
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Did somebody say something about bees?Still looking for that bolt gun!
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, take it to a mechanic. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
    edited November -1
    He Bee, man what I have always wanted, to be accepted......When those BEE'S sting do they always leave their Stinger in ya! Thats better than Wasps. If They get inside your shirt they just keep stinging....They really hack me off! BUMBLE BEE KEEPER!
    edited November -1
    Bee does having a Benjamin Air Rifle make me a .177 BEEKEEPER?
    edited November -1
    No..them aint bees!!.218
  • legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Miss Creant, love that BLR in 22-250,when you reload 218bees with Virgra thats what they turn into. Ok iam bored & need some thing to do.
    Work'n like a dog all nite