In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kimber Compact CDP Versus SA's Loaded Compact

Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Ok...trying to decide on my new concealed carry/all-purpose handgun. Can anyone tell me why one is better than the other? There's a $300 price difference, but let's ignore that for now!In this corner, we have the Kimber Compact CDP sporting a 4 inch barrel: And the challenger, Springfield Armory's Loaded Compact: May the best man win!P.S. Thanks in advance for helping me make the choice!
Got President? Evil in 2012!"They may kill me, but there will always be more like me".

Comments

• Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Evil,Thats like comparing a Glock to an HK ... Apples to Oranges.How many people have you seen comment about how great their Springfield Armory's Loaded Compact? Or any other Springfield model for that matter.Compare that to the people that have commented about their Kimber ... any model.You say "IGNORE THE $300 PRICE DIFFERENCE" but thats where the difference is! An American Made Custom Shop gun compared to a Brazilian made standard production gun.Kimber CDP: Hand fitted, Full Melt, Rosewood Grips, Ambi safety, Full length N.M. Bull Barrel, N.M. Trigger, Metropol night sights ... Springfield ... can you say "LOSER!"
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    ebeshirsebeshirs Member Posts: 382 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How can you even sleep at night with asking a question like this? Let's scroll back up and examine the pictures again. First off, you have the beautiful 2 tone masterpiece with melt-down treatment, Meprolight night sights, checkered front strap, extended ambidextrous thumb safety, match grade trigger, hand-checkered double diamond rosewood grips and all of this with a weight of just 28 ounces. And then you have the plain ol' Springfield Loaded model that's all stainless with plain ol' rubber wrap-around-everybody-has-them grips. There's no comparison.It's not enough to shoot good, you have to look good doing it.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's Kimber hands down. You pay more, you get a LOT more gun.