In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lab Pups!!!

Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
Our dog had her pups this morning! She had 8 total.....males:2 black, 1 chocolate and 1 yellow. Females: 3 black and 1 chocolate. It is a nice mixture, I think. They are so cute!!!

Comments

• Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why don't you post a pic!
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    I wish ya'll were closer, I need a good dog.
    Eat healthy, exercise, avoid smoking........Die anyway. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me be the first to say..."AAAWWWWW, OOOHHHH"Just thought I'd get that over with.I recall seeing a sign in Wally-World that said: "Lab puppies. Free to good home. Very friendly."Think about that....jever see a lab puppy that WASN'T friendly?Mudge the dog lover
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    I think labs are one of, if not the best family dog out there.Congrats, wish I had one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have to get the film developed first! She just had them.....I'm still taking pictures!
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But watch out for that lethally wagging tail, and the slobbering jowels!
  • Options
    sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got one from a friend, Dog's registered name is "Pepper", but we are thinking of changing it to "Hoover" as She is more like a vaccumn cleaner. Never seen a dog that would inhale ANYTHING that you tossed towards her mouth. And yes, watch out for the wagging tail, it is a lethal weapon in itself. She keeps my Australian Sheppard from getting lazy, as they are both jealous of any attention the other gets.
    Have Gun, will travel
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wagging tails brings to mind a question. Do dogs have "selective" pain centers in their tails? Our dogs can stand near a piece of furniture or the wall, and bang their tails against it so hard you'd think they'd break either the furniture or their tail. Not a sign of pain....BUT...you barely step on a tail and it's the "end of the world"!"'tis a puzzlement."Mudge the curious
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iv'e got an 8year old 112# black lab and newfoundland cross that is the best dog that ever owned me. She's getting as much grey in her beard as I have. That dog can learn a trick in a minute.I tell people that I have to get home and they say"Why is your wife waiting" and I tell them she don't care, but my dog does. You can't help but love slobberadors.
    "If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?" Will Rogers
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gotta agree. "Remington" is not yet 6 months old and he already has the steel-cable tail.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    E-mail me their breath!! Nothing better but baby's breath.
    I'll buy just one more gun and I'll quit.....HONEST....History is a vast early warning system
  • Options
    thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mudge- Dogs have very sensitive nerves in their tails. However, there is not much flesh in the tail to bruise. Therefore, the repetitive wagging does not cause a bruise and is therefore not painful. However, a dog feels it, and probably knows when to stop. When you step on a dog's tail, it is under substantailly more pressure and it painful for the dog. Hope that clears it up.
  • Options
    ClairClair Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sitting here with an 80 lb. yellow lab under my feet. Would not have it any other way.Just got my daughter-in-law a 7 week old yellow pup for Christmas. Love that puppy breath, too.
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the little grunts when they get to running around with their bald little tummies warm, running until they poop out and just fall in their tracks and sleep for five minutes, then get goin' again. Not counting pups, this is my fifth Lab. My favorite, old Georgie, is buried in the yard wrapped in my duck hunting coat. I'm a hopeless sucker for any Lab!!
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    Where are ya? I may come get one if you are getting rid of them.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats to you guys!Two weeks ago, I'm reading the Want ads when my Bride calls to tell me our Australian Shepard was hit and killed by a truck. Off the phone, I looked in the Pets section and what do I see? The only ad for Lab Puppies and they're the Pointing variety to boot! I had, since hearing about Pointing Labs, wanted to give one a home, so guess what? My little broken hearted 8 year old skipped school and off we went. And much to his surprise "John" had not only a dog, but 10 little puppies. We played with them all for about 20 minutes, came down to three little females. When I pulled the "Pick of the litter" up, I ask my son; how would you like to take this little gal home? I'm not sure why he, then I started crying, but we agreed it was a good idea. It has proved better than good.
    If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nunn, We are in Wisconsin. I have to talk the Beast into keeping all of them! heheYou guys are right about the tails....could be a good weapon! They are the best dogs, even when they sit in your lap and don't worry about crunching you! They also love to give kisses! I will never be without one.
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are so nice but i get hungry if i see them so better not to post a pic..... MMMMMMMM! Tender Dog Burger well done and spicey! Yum! Yum!
    Ignis Natura Renovatur Integram
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    Ms. Beast Hi are your pups AKC registered and if so are you going to sell the chocolate female ? I have a black lab male who's akc and his daddy was a chocolate, so I'm thinking about getting a chocolate female for him or using him for stud to get a pup to keep his line going , also I live in sparta wi so i'm only about 3 hours away from you looking forward to talking more
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, we are selling them. They are AKC, the mom is yellow 60lbs and the dad is black and about 120! They will have dew claw removed, first shots and checked for worms. Email for anymore info: zap@netwurx.netYA DON'T EAT DOGS! YA EAT CATS!!We do have a cat too so don't anyone yell about that![This message has been edited by Ms. Beast (edited 01-03-2002).]
  • Options
    sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ms. Beast, Of course you have a cat, what else do you feed your Dogs?
    Have Gun, will travel
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do any look loke this? www.eonline.netfirms.com/guestdir/Muffy5.BMP
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clair,Your pic was too big, so I had to change it to a jpg for you. My Web Host won't let you guys access files that large.Your pic is called Muffy5.jpg now.[This message has been edited by thesupermonkey (edited 01-09-2002).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help Supermonkey.That was my first atempt at posting a picture.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Darn that's cute. Too bad it has to grow up to be a 100lb. dawg.