In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Payback....OR....What Goes Around Comes Around

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,026 ******
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
Neighbour returned Witnesses' cold call BY ADAM FRESCO A MOTHER of three children became so fed up with Jehovah's Witnesses calling at her home that she interrupted their Sunday service by banging on their church door and offering them free magazines. Jane White, 35, who has been visited by the religious group every month for more than 12 years, spent 30 minutes on the steps of the Kingdom Hall, in Peacehaven, East Sussex, until police moved her on. Afterwards she said: "I've never done anything like this before, but I had a visit from the Jehovah's Witnesses the day before and that was the straw which broke the camel's back. "I've been having regular visits from them in the 12 years I've lived in Peacehaven. It is not the religion I object to, it is just the intrusion into my privacy which I find annoying." She added: "I timed my visit for 10am because I knew it would be in the middle of a service. One member of the congregation thought it was funny, others took it seriously. "I tried to hand out free magazines to see if they would like a copy, just like the copies of The Watchtower the Jehovah's Witnesses hand out. Nobody seemed to want them though." Paul Gillies, a spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses in Britain, said: "If someone states they do not want our representatives to call we make a note and avoid calling."
Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!

Comments