In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bin Laden Terror Widow Blames Clinton

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
Bin Laden Terror Widow Blames ClintonIn the wake of Osama bin Laden's murderous attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, the widow of a sailor who died in the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole says she blames ex-President Clinton for not stopping the Mideast madman after he bombed other U.S. facilities in 1990's."Each time these events happen and it was all words and nothing ever happened," said Sharla Costelow, wife of Chief Petty Officer Richard Costelow, who died aboard the Cole as it refueled in Yemen on October 12, 2000.Mrs. Costelow delivered the stinging indictment to WABC Radio's Steve Malzberg last week, in an a gut-wrenching interview that has been completely overlooked by the mainstream media.The Navy widow listed the ways in which she thought the ex-president was partly responsible for her husband's death."I think I would start with the fact that Clinton down-sized our military so much that we no longer had ships to come and fuel our ships. This is something that my husband and I discussed many times, relying on other countries to do it," Costelow told Malzberg. She also blamed the ex-Commander in Chief for ignoring warnings that U.S. ships were on bin Laden's target list."I didn't realize this until after it had happened," she told the WABC host, "that bin Laden had given (a message) to bomb one of our ships in the year 2000, and we didn't heed that warning. Worse than that, we sent one of our destroyers all alone into a terrorist harbor with no protection, no security, no safety zones whatsoever."The bin Laden terror victim said Clinton was also clearly wrong in removing Yemen from the list of nations that sponsor terrorism. "This never should have happened when Yemen still had terrorist activity going on, and certainly knowing the connection that bin Laden had there." Mrs. Costelow said she thinks the ex-president should be held accountable for such an egregious national security failure."My husband, a communications expert, worked for Clinton," she told Malzberg. "He was a very hard worker and dealt with White House communications and saved the government a lot of money. I know if my husband made a mistake that could have jeopardized President Clinton's security... my husband would have been held accountable. I just expect the same of him [Clinton].""It was completely preventable and it never should have happened," she added.Besides his wife Sharla, Chief Petty Officer Costelow left behind three young sons - Dillon, 14, Brady, 6, and Ethan, 4. Contributions to the Costelow children's memorial trust fund should be sent to:Memorial FundNFCU-Costelow FamilyPatuxent River MSC22598 MacArthur Blvd.California, MD 20619 http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2001/10/30/111823

Comments

• Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    She's got clintons zero down pat! He didn't do anything but bring down oppression upon the American people not to mention shame and disgrace.
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    She has it right....Better start watching Hillary.....she'll do the same thing...God help us, if she gets in...
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Never happen, Bubba. I'll bet everything I own that she doesn't even get re-elected.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't bet the farm on that, Lowrider; who in their right mind would have ever thought such callous, traitorous, scum would have ever been elected once, much less twice? But I sure as hell hope you are right.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gotta go w/ .250 on this one - given the track record in DC & all the crap that came out in the election, who'd have thought that carpet-bagging * would get elected to begin with? I sure hope the electorate's memory lasts past the World Series, but I don't have a lot of hope for it.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can bet that in the 2006 NY elections enough dead people and illegal aliens along with ballot box stuffing will get the sorry assed * re-elected. As for her chances in 2004, BJ Bill made sure with his cowardly inactions she stands a chance of a snow ball in hell.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.