In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Non smokers

badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
I hereby announce that a new non smokers club is started. Charter members are ibtrukin, bubba joel, ghotie_thumper and myself. We don't 'low no smokin, chewin or spitn. If'n ya can't stand that stay out! All others are invited ta jine. Club rules ta foller later.
So many guns to buy. So little money.

Comments

• Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    Bob you forgot to mention: No nose pickin' and flickin'........I didn't know if we wanted that in the charter or not.....
    I wouldn't mind being the last man on earth-just to see if all of those girls were telling me the truth....
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    You guys are stealin` our rules!!!.218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Bubba what's wrong with nose pickin?
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We hate rules, so screw you and your lousy club. Ain't nobody important gonna join anyway. 'n 'sides that, ya ain't got no clubhouse and no mascot. We got Becky and she will do anything we tell he to. So kiss our stumps, we don't need your stupid club, nohow.Clouder..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK, the pickin' is ok, but I'd like to see the flickin' rule....Besides, someone could get an eye put out....Also, we may need to let Beekeeper in...He's the only one with a jacket....
    I wouldn't mind being the last man on earth-just to see if all of those girls were telling me the truth....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bubba ya jist flick it down and to tha right so it hits the floor. Clouder we might make exceptions to the rules for you to join but it will have to be submitted to the rules comite(hell with the spelling!)And the club maskot will be my wife's miniature schnauzer named Stuttgart, the most spoiled, loveable little bitty dog in creation.[This message has been edited by badboybob (edited 10-29-2001).][This message has been edited by badboybob (edited 10-29-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess your right...IF we play our cards right, maybe we can get the pickin' and flickin' in the olympics...
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in. I don't want to waste my time and lungs on smokin anyways. A Camo jacket should be required on special events. Some sort of hat too. Mines a camo wool crusher.
  • Options
    REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Darn!!!I quit smoking, so I'm not allowed in the smoking jacket club.I do dip snuff and spit, so now I'm out of this one too!!Anyone out there have a club for me as I'm starting to feel left out around here, snif-Ralph
  • Options
    ironsitesironsites Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I gotta say- seems we are splittin ourselves up here- i thought we was a group. I ain't gonna say wether I does or doesnt.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok Bubba. Who gets the biggest booger and flicks the furthest? Sounds like a good contest ta me.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Wait a minute. If you don't smoke you're not allowed in the smoking jacket club?Lowrider, typing up his resignation.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Lord Lowrider,that is pure prapaganda on their part!!I, ~Sir Lord Beekeeper~was the first to wear the Jacket.`Twas given me, as a gift by Sir lord Rembrant,of the Iowa Rembrandts.........and I do not smoke!!!!One doesn`t need to smoke, to enjoy fine...threads ,as the young lads say....Or do they say that still? ~Sir Lord Beekeeper~
    CO/Founding Father~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    tightbredtightbred Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you guys EVEN read the requirements for membership in our esteemed smoking jacket club? It has nothing to do with smoking. I have sports car, but I'll be damned if I play baseball in it.
    I've still got all of my teeth.VIP Member: ~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218, tightbred, THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!! Like these two fine members have stated, our little club is about making friends and having fun. Smoking your jacket is optional!
    Sir Shane of the~Secret Select Society of Sauve Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    ibtruknibtrukn Member Posts: 443 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Triple B, look at them dudes try to weasel their way in to this ASSOCIATION.whassa matta dudes? 250 posts on y ore stinkin club ain't nuff? We don't need ya. Didn'tsay we didn't want ya, just dont need ya.Triple B failed to state that we serve Black Jack an Bud Lite wit the possum stew. Clouder, thet wernt even a good try, I know u can do better........then wot? But then we aint salzo over here is we?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    An 218 beeswax, we aint got no dam "sir" anythings in this ASSOCIATION. We be AMERICAN, first last n' always. allways. take that message back to yore bored of diretors. Plenty a room here for yore club an this ASSOCIATION>>>>nuff said.AS he turned up the collar on the sky blue windbreaker, shouldered the Sako Mannlicter in 22/250 with the DOUBLE SET Triggers (pay attention WC) an the 24 power unertl plodded over to the black Sierra clambered in an turned the key. A low gutteral rumble shook the leaves as he pointed the nose toward "the rocks".[This message has been edited by ibtrukn (edited 10-30-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fellow belching and flickin' members of the illustrious smoking of wild weed club(NON). I would like to bring this up for a vote: TO INSTALL OR NOT INSTALL on our telephone answering machine...Currently, it's being used, but I think we could adopt.....
    Answering Machine Message for the Mental Health Institute Hello, and welcome to the Mental Health Hotline. If you are obsessive or compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you are co-dependant, please ask someone to press 2 for you. If you have multiple personalities, please press 3,4,5 and 6 If you are paranoid, we already know who you are, but stay on the line while we trace your call. If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will be transferred to the mother ship. If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a small voice will tell you which number to press. If you have short term memory loss, press 9, if you have short term memory loss, press 9, if you have short term memory loss, press 9. If you have low self esteem, please hang up. All our operators are too busy to talk to you.
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bubba Joel -Now, that was funny! Thanks fer posting it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good one Bubba! Now do you think we should let REBJr in even tho he takes snuff? (long as he don't spit on the clubhouse floor?)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    REBjr, do you swear? Maybe that's the wrong question....OK raise your left hand and be ready to take the oath.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bubba J, I hereby put forth yore name to be associate Ringleader of this Association 'case Triple B has to bail. Crissakes, y would he?An let it be further known, now an forever more, that no dam body connected to this Association shall speak (or attempt to) in the manner of Wm. F. Buckley, who i do admire but would never try to copycat, as peviously seen on some other sorry * thread. Having vented enuff for now let me climb back up in the rocks wi/ my trusty DOUBLE SET Triggers. for now the safty be "ON" honest
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There'll be lots of smoking guns but no jackets smokin. Unless of course you get held up at the ampm while restocking for another meeting, and have to shoot through the pocket of your camo. I second the nomination of Bubba J as second in charge to BBB. I'll be mindin the back door with the new 1187 I picked up, just so's no miscreants try an sneak up on us. I'll be over in the shadows by that big pine.
  • Options
    REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey fellers!I am house trained to spit only in a coke bottle.no muss-no fussralph
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok Bubbe ya done been nomynated to #2. Now how do ya think we should start off the house rules? Of course we all know nose pickin is awright, but we can't 'low flickin' them boogers at each other. An' REBJr promisses to not spit on the floor.And do you think we should let Clouder in if'n he behaves hisself?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We may need to see a list of Clouder's bad habits.....Pickin' fights(stirin' the pot), may be a plus....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BTW, I'd like to bring up a few of my favorite songs, maybe to play at our CLUB MEETINGS....13 little dittys, that instills joy and pride....
    13. Her Teeth Was Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure 12. How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away? 11. I Don't Know Whether To Kill Myself Or Go Bowling 10. I Keep Forgettin' I Forgot About You 9. I Liked You Better Before I Knew You So Well 8. I Still Miss You, Baby, But My Aim's Gettin' Better 7. I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Like Having You Here 6. I've Got Tears In My Ears From Lyin' On My Back And Cryin' Over you 5. Mama Get A Hammer (There's A Fly On Papa's Head) 4. My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend, And I Sure Do Miss Him 3. You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly 2. If The Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me 1. If I'd shot you when I wanted to, I'd be out by now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    YO Chief Ringleader!! now ya no we gotta be carefil wit dat clouder dude. he laid down some mity meen talk here a little while back, but i suppose if he promised to step outside. to smoke an gargled wi Black Jack 'fore he came back in, an lef the Websters in the outhouse case we run outa "sears" an lef wharts her name wi them other dudes (cause she aint had a bath in weeks but if that wha turns yore crank, frank)an lastly but not leastly, talked to us instead of "down" to us, an we take up a vote, i spect we MIGHT let'm have a word or tree once in a while, but thats just my nsho
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My title now is : Chief Bathtub Ringleader...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I say we vote Rebjr "in", but make sure he carries that coke bottle at all times. I hereby place into nomination the name of ghotie thumper (like I no wha dat meens) as treasurer of this here Association.As for my not so humble self, I wood consider it an onher to be proclaimed "purchasing agent" hehheh
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dano I don't know if'n we gonna 'low liars in this here club. What do the rest of the members think? Y'all 'member now he's a purty good pot stirrer. (If'n we gonna 'low liars I know a coupla good uns, lies that is.)
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ibtrukn -Ghoti Thumper is pronounced "Fish Thumper".It's from an old word game; pronounce the "gh" as in the word "enough", the "o" as in "women", and the "ti" as in "nation". Capeesh?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Triple B, I say we let Dano in, any copper thats got 3 felonies, or were they misdemeanors on his rap sheet cant be all bad280 ya didnt answer the questionI was hopin it kinda meant goat an goat thumper an sheesh, what an evil mind, less fergit it, but as I see yur a farmer, maybe we can let ya stay if ya bring some fresh possum to the first ever possum cookoff. what say?
  • Options
    travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    looks like we got a bunch of deserters here...what happened to that illustrious club of jaket smokin wherers? Been gone five days and the ships sinkin? can't believe there were many rats on board, so whats causin the rift?
    keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fellow members, I got the scare of my life, just a little while ago...I was checking my e-mail and noticed a white substance on the key-board and I thought someone sent anthrax throught my e-mail....Then my wife informed me that I was eating a powdered do-nut and some of the sugar fell off....Damn, I'm still shaking.......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Uh' Bubba ya jist bin downgraded ta #3. Gotta get yore act in gear thar boy. Oh well c'mon on in Dano. We ain't too picky. We'll let most anybody in. [This message has been edited by badboybob (edited 11-01-2001).]
  • Options
    ebeshirsebeshirs Member Posts: 382 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bubba Joel, You forgot that one little ditty that was so popular around my neck of the woods,"How can I love you, if you won't lie down?"Do you guys have an initiation? I sure would like ta' join. My boss smokes in my office and I hate it. I get him back though, I like to paint the tip of his filter with whiteout. It's amazing to see him light them up time after time. It gets funnier every time I see it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ebishires (whaeva da hel day meens, yore in, wit a sensa humor n maginashun like dat iu gotta good chanc for da bored o drectoerstrvelor, rats huh? we'll see.......Chief Ringleader & assitant chief ringleader take note.
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I kin tell were I ain't wanted. I ain't stoopid.Clouder..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    'Clouder' we jist elected you "secretary of da board" this give you da rite to jist hold da moneys....long enough to giv it to me...