In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

No Apology From Hillary for Still-Injured Cop

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
No Apology From Hillary for Still-Injured CopA Westchester County police officer who was injured while trying to stop New York Senator Hillary Clinton's van after it blew past an airport security checkpoint 16 days ago has yet to receive an apology from her or anyone on her staff."I can tell you, no," Officer Ernest Dymond told NewsMax.com Tuesday, when asked whether Mrs. Clinton had contacted him to express any concern over the injury that has rendered him unable to return to active duty for more than two weeks.Dymond declined to describe the extent of his injury or predict when he thought he might be able to return to work, saying, "Our department has a policy that all information go through the public information officer."The 19-year police veteran did explain that previous reports placing Mrs. Clinton in a limousine when her car sped through the Westchester County Airport checkpoint he was manning on Oct. 14 were inaccurate."She was not in a limousine. She was in a full-size Ford conversion van - and that made it even more suspect to us," Dymond said."I didn't know if we had a terrorist," the temporarily disabled cop had previously told the Washington Times."The van went by me and we ordered them to stop and it continued going and we continued to yell to stop," Officer Dymond told NewsMax.com. "At that point I banged as hard as I could on the side of the van to let the driver know he had to stop."Despite his harrowing encounter with the nation's most-famous elected Democrat, the publicity shy policeman said he has turned down several requests for media interviews, explaining, "I've had my 15 minutes of fame."In fact, reporters in New York and nationwide have overwhelmingly ignored the incident, raising questions about possible pressure by Sen. Clinton's office.A spokesman for Mrs. Clinton declined to return NewsMax.com's call requesting comment on why she hadn't contacted Dymond to express regrets for his injury. http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2001/10/30/151600

Comments