In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another Groaner...Kinda Gross Though

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
The after-dinner speaker was late to the dinner where he was to speak. As he sat down to begin eating, he realized, and remarked out loud, "Oh, no. Here I am supposed to speak in a few minutes, and I have left my dentures at home."The man sitting next to him heard the lament, and said, "Here, try these." The man reached into a pocket and pulled out a set of dentures.The speaker tried them, and they were too loose."Okay, try these," and the man offered up another set.These were a bit tight."I have one more set with me," he said, and handed over the set.These fit pretty well and the speaker was able to finish his dinner and make his speech unembarrassed.After dinner, he sought out his benefactor to thank him."Man, I am glad to meet you. Can you give me a card? I have been looking for a good dentist.""Sorry, but I am not a dentist. I am a funeral director."
Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!

Comments

• Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    nunn,that reminds me of the time I went over to a funral home,to see a friend,who`s father owned the place.He showed me the crematorium(sp?)There was a large room next to it,with shelves full of metal plates,bolts an all kinds of stuff that did not....burn.There were also boxes of ashes,the guys dad would have him take the ashes out to Aligator Alley,and dump them into the canal.I asked him,"Don`t the family get the ashes?"He said "Man..there`s a lot more ashes from a body than that little urn that people get! Plus,they all get mixed up..you don`t think we take ashes from each one,just to give to them,do ya?We just get them from one of those boxes over there..nobody ever really gets the ashes of their relatives!"So when people have that sweet little ceramony ,and throw the ashes out to sea...it`s probably ashes of dozens,or hundreds of people .218[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 12-28-2001).]
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn,Now your back on track.. babe.
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bee,I always suspected,those urns; were not big enough for the ashes of some of them thar victims.But I never figured they mixed the fertilizer up like that.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've told my wife to cremate me, put my ashes on the garden then eat me in a tomato sandwich next summer. Grossed her out.