In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Daughter shoots Glock - wins tennis match

Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2002 in General Discussion
I promise not to brag more than once a year, but this weekend my daughter fired off a couple clips from her boyfriends Glock out behind the barn. She liked it and hit the silouette. She also fired my Walther P-38. In addition she pushed her college singles record to 11 - 1!! (9 - 3 doubles)She's no Venus Williams but at 19 she's doing well for a girl who hasn't been all to crazy about guns. Once again, sorry to use this space for personal brags, but I promise to read all your 10 point buck posts this fall. Good luck guys.

Comments

• Options
    sundownersundowner Member Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats. You should brag all you want - no reason not to.
  • Options
    4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    Be Proud, Brag it up, you should allways express your pride in your childrens accomplishments. Good for you.

When Clinton left office they gave him a 21 gun salute. Its a damn shame they all missed....
  • Options
    doomsknight62doomsknight62 Member Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most of the women I know were incredibly reluctant to get involved in the shooting sports. But when they did, I was hard to get them out of it! But it's worth it...I got my wife involved and she goes with me to the range everytime.
    Not to mention...passing on the sport will help keep it alive.

" God is in His Heaven, All is Right in the World. "
  • Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brag away. Our children must carry on the tradition. I did a little bragging of my own on my oldest last Friday. I am so proud of her and her three siblings. And yes, they know how to shoot. We started them at an early age. The oldest has already been on her first deer hunt. As the weather cools she starts getting that itch!!

I did have to do a double take at the topic though. I was wondering just exactly what did she do to win that match,

***There's a difference between living and living well!***

Edited by - susie on 09/30/2002 13:02:13
  • Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Enjoy their accomplishments; they're payback for all the work you and the wife put into them. Congratulations.

It's not what you know that gets you in trouble, it's what you know that just ain't so!
  • Options
    snarlgardsnarlgard Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now did you tell her how proud of her you were?

If not might i sugest that you do.
    it will make it that much better for her

SMILE...MAKE EM WONDER WHAT YOUR UP TO
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    Brag all you want,you have a rght to!I hope you get to brag a bunch more.

"It was like that when I got here".
  • Options
    SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    The title is misleading I thought for a minute we had the first tennis match shooting

"Respect your Tools"
    "Freedom is not Free"