In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can you see it coming again???

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
The U-S Postal Service plans a management shuffle that includes cutting 800 headquarters jobs.Postmaster General Jack Potter says the goal is to reduce overhead and administrative costs.The agency will also re-evaluate many of its activities this year.And it will eliminate two regional management offices and seek to cut other regional management staffs by 30 percent.Early this year, the agency faced the potential for a three (b) billion-dollar loss from rising fuel and salary costs.Postal rates were hiked, construction was frozen and other cuts were made -- reducing the potential losses to less than two (b) billion dollars.

Comments

• Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now if the rest of the giveamint would make the same cuts - oh well, I was just dreaming.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I can see several hundred mid-level Postal Service managers, with crazed looks in their eyes, cleaning and loading weapons.
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    I can see a whole new round of rate increases coming.On a different note.....Missing any mail?????Jackson, Mississippi-AP -- He failed to deliver the goods.Now a former postal carrier will serve 13 months in federal prison.Jesse Reynolds admitted he'd failed to deliver all the mail sent to his route in Mississippi for about a year and a-half.Reynolds, a temporary mail carrier, wanted to speed up his delivery time and impress his bosses.Reynolds told investigators he dropped more mail into collection boxes to be delivered by other carriers.The U-S Postal Service says authorities found 26 feet of mail stacked in his former home.That stack included a cashier's check, jewelry, utility bills, food stamps and greeting cards.The post office says the mail will be delivered.[This message has been edited by alledan (edited 09-08-2001).]
  • Options
    PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ahem.....People people.....this is not what I needed to hear today. After quitting a job I held for 18 years 2 months and 11 days for wanting to do something better with my life, this negativity just will not do. For today I've begun my new career.....as a United States Postal Service employee Thank you in advance for your understanding and sensitivity