In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

USPS-here we go again!!

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
I just heard on the news that the postal service is asking for a new increase in rates.If they get it,it will become effective June 30th.I don't really mind a small increase if the service was good however it is not here in my area. We are having a hard time getting the postman to deliver packages. All he does anymore is leave a notice so that we have to pick them up at the post office.

Comments

• Options
    AlmagunaAlmaguna Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your not home the carrier is required to leave a notice. You can then request re-delivery. Starting in May your carrier is going to get a substantial decrease in his wages so don't blame him for any rate hikes.
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Want a good chuckle? I live in a small town, 5 doors from the post office. They won't deliver the mail to my house, which is fine with me. What gets me mad is, I have to pay $20.00 a year for a P.O. Box, while people 7-8 miles away get it delivered for free.WOODS
  • Options
    almagunsalmaguns Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wrong again! If you live in an area without delivery you should not be charged for a P.O. box. This is a recent policy, check with your postmaster
  • Options
    schutzenutsschutzenuts Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take a gander at the GAO figures. The USPS ( supposed to be non-profit) made $2 or 3 Billion last year! Why do they need a 9% increase?
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a deal to me, I pay over $100/year for my box!
  • Options
    john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    The post office keeps claiming not to be any part of the government SOOOO why are all the trucks wearing GOVERNMENT licence plates ???? inquiring minds want to know!.
  • Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Alledan, I am with you, if It won't fit into the mail box I have to go clear to town to pick it up and can only do it during working hours, what a pain. U.P.S. has my vote, if they were letter carriers, there would be no post office. The Postman came to my house one time and I was home, He wouldn't get out of his car because he was afraid my dog would bite him while I was standing there!Sick em King!!!!!
  • Options
    AlmagunaAlmaguna Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats right guys, don't let the facts get in the way of a good arguement.
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    If the carrier dosen't wnt to do his job then maybe he shouldn't have it!Maybe someone out there wouldn't mind working for up to $17.00 hr.
  • Options
    almagunsalmaguns Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hundreds of carriers get bit each month.Why should they worry about getting your Queer Pride mag.to you if you can't control your livestock.
  • Options
    CZECHMATE2CZECHMATE2 Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would sure like to know why I have to pay for an increase in postage rates while all the crap junk mail gets delivered for cheaper bulk rate???????????????????
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are *some* good people in the Postal Service. But the carrier on my rural route is the laziest, most incompetent, POS I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. Any package or material requiring a signature is left in the main office and a "sorry your were not home" form put in the box. Doesn't play too well when I'm working in the yard & he drives right by me to put the notice in the box. I stopped collecting stamps because any time the good clerks at the local PO made an effort to lightly cancel exotic stamps, some jerk in East Overshoe would run a marker through them "to protect revenue." A $0.34 self adhesive? Give me a break! Complaints ignored or given the form letter treatment. I've friends who've been employed as temps at the PO; most of them did the job their first day in half the time used by the regulars. And many other things. Hey, starting this year, I stopped collecting new issues, started doing on-line bill payments and switched all my package shipping to FedEx. When & if I ever see any thing close to resembling the word from which the final "S" in USPS is theoretically abbreviated, I may change some of that. I'm not holding my breath. And if any reading this are in the minority of postal employees who do try to do a good job, feel free to ignore the criticism, as I know there are some out there.
  • Options
    PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guys guys guys.......Don't think of this rate increase as an added expense, just think of it as your way of helping po' old Pup make ends meet so's he can buy more guns and ammo to protect home and family and put meat on the table. stir?
    Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often and for the same reason.