In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I Just Gotta Say This

timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Sixteen years ago, on this day, I gathered at my home with friends and family. My father stood at the right side of me, and my soon-to-be sis-in-law stood at MrsBeast's left. We were married, and I have never regretted a moment, and I never will.This is a tribute to the lovely lady that will be the only one for me, eternally.The lady who has stuck with me, for better and for worse, and who lifts me up upon her heart daily, without a complaint of my obvious faults, none of which I can find in her.She puts up with me, which is a task in itself, and I love her dearly.She's a tough cookie, and I wouldn't have it any other way.Please express your sympathies to MsBeast for being married to me!

Comments

• whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No sympathies to MsBeast. You are a pair and that's why you two work. Love ya both.Clouder..
  • Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mrs. Beast, you are lucky to have him!He bribed me to say that.
  • OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Hey Beast is that your way of sending her a cybercard for valentines day? Congratulations on those 16 years! If you take that 16 years and double it that is how long I have been married to the one I love. She is in watching the olympics and I am here on G.B. Oh well I bought her a pizza for lunch.
  • SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's to many more!
  • varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats,To a great couple.We need a lot more like you.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Naw, not a cyber-card, she's already gotten roses and such, and is now transferring some pups to their new owners. I just wanted to inject some of my own happiness here, and I really don't care if anyone thinks it's sappy..heh heh. All too many people complain about their spouses, even if jokingly, which I could do as well. I just feel really good and proud to be married to the lovely MsBeast! I figured nice folks such as those who hang their hats here on occasion appreciate that kinda stuff.
  • WyomingSwedeWyomingSwede Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Classy couple...deserving of the best.swede
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 25,185 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations....Here's to many, many moreyears together...
  • simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!!! Hope ya'll have waaayy more!
  • Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys! It has been a great 16 years with many more to come! Since I knew I was going to marry the Beast from the minute I first saw him, it has worked out great!
  • 5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great post Beast! You are spot on about the folks that bad mouth their spouses, those that don't have one, need to see/hear the opposite for a balance. ( I gotta ask ya though, 16 years ago you guys were what 13-14 years old? They allow that up there? )
    If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats to both of you. I've not had as pleasant an experience and I am *so* glad for you that you have! Hope you will be back to celebrate your 75th anniversary here!
  • varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beast.I dont think a man stands higher, Than when he brags about his wife.A man once asked me about (My old lady).I quickly told him I had a Mother,A wife and A Daughter.I then told him he better not be refering to any of them. I dont think a lot of us would be what we are with out a good partner beside us.Nothing sappy about that.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Timberbeast, your post about the woman you love made me feel maudlin. It was a great post, especially the eternal part.My wife and I always expected to be in love eternally. Then cancer reared it's ugly head! Now on her tombstone the words of Elizabeth Barrett Browning can be found: I love thee with the breadth, Smiles, tears, of all my life!- and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death.God bless you both, enjoy each other and life every day, for no one knows what tomorrow will bring.-Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelNRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Boy I hope you have told Ms Beast this. She needs to hear it not us. But it is good to hear there are still a few good men and women in the world.
  • RUGERNUT3RUGERNUT3 Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CONGRATS.! To both of you! Two very lucky people........
    "ANY" EXCUSE IS A GOOD REASON TO BUY "JUST 1 MORE".& VICIE-VERSIE![This message has been edited by RUGERNUT3 (edited 02-15-2002).]
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats, But I'm still coming after her as soon as I get the bus fare!
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I knew she was toughwhen I faced her 2x4.But I knew she was sweetright off the bat. And you ain`t a bad egg yerself,beast. .218[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 02-19-2002).]
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Remember awile back,I posted that it seems like I kill threads.....well look at what happened to this fine one,I post somethin`,and that`s the end of it. It was very sweet and good of the beast to post such a thread to his fine lady..and I feel responsible to undo the spell I inadvertantly put on it!.218
  • Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AWWWW....it wasn't you .218! It is just that the day is over with. Next year, you post the first reply and then see what happens!!Thank for all the well wishes, you are some great people!
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Mr. and Mrs. Timberbeast,God bless your union. I know exactly how you feel, because I have been blessed with the same good fortune for nearly 30 years.Beleive me when I tell you, for better or worse will come and go, but the longer you're together, the better it gets!
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!