In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Boring day

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Think I will google Bomb Making.[:o)]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I robbed some parts from Sandy's laptop to fix another one last week (actually, she insisted because she was sick and not using it, and this one was for a friend of ours) so today I put the parts I had ordered for the other one back on hers and got it running again. That took a whole 10 minutes.

Then I took some of the other parts I had ordered and got another laptop up and running (I'm making this post from it, so it looks like it is running pretty well), that took a little longer because I had to load the operating system and some additional software, but only a couple of hours total.

Now I'm waiting on the guy who I'm giving it to to come by so I can do a little training with him on how to use it, but that won't take more than 30 minutes at most.

Sandy's trip to the doc found a huge infection and she is on heavy doses of antibiotics, so she sleeps most of the time, but at least she's feeling better and showing signs of improvement. When she's awake, she still sleepy and just sits vegged out in front of the TV.

I think maybe I'll grab the fishing gear and head down to the bardge and do a little fishing. Maybe I can snag some crappie for dinner tonight.

It's a hot and slow day around these parts.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Happy Fishing... A bad day fishing is better than a Good day workin..[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    Happy Fishing... A bad day fishing is better than a Good day workin..[:D][:D]

[:D][:D][:D] That's kind of how I'm feeling Larry. Sandy said she thought she would go up there with me. I'll bet she catnaps more than she fishes, but she'll enjoy it it anyway.

Just waiting for the Sgt. to show up to pick this laptop up, amd I've already got the gear in the back of the truck.[^]
  • Options
    TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That reminds me I have to renew my fishing license[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TheBrassMan
    That reminds me I have to renew my fishing license[8D]

Yep, they check often around here.[:D]
  • Options
    4440rk4440rk Member Posts: 495 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    To hijack your topic> I have my old, slow laptop with trouble. It will not open the OS. When I try to use it it says file #whatever is missing and to insert disc and hit r for repair.
    I did not get an install disc when I bought the computer. Do you know where, or do you have, a windows 2000 professional disc?
    I have tried windows and everyone I could think of to find one. Seeing that windows does not support that old version they say none available.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 4440rk
    To hijack your topic> I have my old, slow laptop with trouble. It will not open the OS. When I try to use it it says file #whatever is missing and to insert disc and hit r for repair.
    I did not get an install disc when I bought the computer. Do you know where, or do you have, a windows 2000 professional disc?
    I have tried windows and everyone I could think of to find one. Seeing that windows does not support that old version they say none available.

I'll have to dig around and look, but it will probably be tomorrow before I can because if I still have one, it will b e over at the storage unit. I had some at one time, but I may have thrown them out. Send me an email at deheffley@verizon.net
  • Options
    edited November -1

Found one and sent you an email. Send me your address and I'll get it in the mail to you.
  • Options
    4440rk4440rk Member Posts: 495 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    E-mail sent. Thanks[:D][:D][:D] I hope Sandy gets to feeling better soon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    E-mail sent. Thanks[:D][:D][:D] I hope Sandy gets to feeling better soon.

It's in the mail and on the way. Well, they actually won't pick it up until Monday, but you'll have it before next weekend.[;)]

Sandy's doing better already. The meds are working!!!!!![:D]