In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Devil is after me...again!

Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2002 in General Discussion
I was in Walmart last week and saw a new Remington 870 (matte) with vent rib, screw-in choke, and black synthetic stock. Man, that's a good looking gun! I'm having trouble getting it out of my mind (get thee behind me, Devil). Though I need it like a lefthanded monkey wrench, I just may have to add that one to the toy box.

I didn't notice, but I think it was the 3" mag receiver too.

Heaven help me...
Rafter-S

"What is truth? No wonder jesting Pilate turned away. The truth, it has a thousand faces -- show only one of them, and the whole truth flies away! But how to show the whole? That is the question."
--Thomas Wolfe, "You Can't Go Home Again" (1934)

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Rafter, this is the Devil[}:)][}:)][}:)]. It was a 3" receiver and you must go buy it now...You are powerless to resist...If anyone asks why you bought it, tell them I made you do it....heeheehee...
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How much was it and what model 870?
    Wingmaster or Express?

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    $249 and some change. It was the matte finish model...I think an Express.
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you don't buy it and send it to Rosie I will drag you down here with me!!! [}:)]
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Hmmmmm, the devil informed me that you should buy the brand new vent ribbed Mossy 500 with the 28" ported barrel and wood furniture from kashkonverters@sunflower.com for $239.00[:D]

"If your gonna be stupid, go find a democrat."
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Hell, I thought everybody needed a left handed monkey wrench. [:)]

AlleninAlaska

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
    -- Thomas Paine
  • Options
    snake-eyessnake-eyes Member Posts: 869
    edited November -1
    If guns are evil the Devil ain't so bad..Buy it now or put it on layaway before someone else buy's it...Worse thing is walking into a gunshop and they don't have what you want in stock.

Let's change the laws and quit bickering about them. One man CAN change the status quo.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Get away from me, Devil.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would you buy a brand new 870? In 3" magnum? Come on at least get a 3 1/2! If your gonna buy a new one at least get the biggest one! Otherwise you're wasting your money. There are a ton of 870's on the used market, doesn't make much sense to me to buy a new one.

Regards,
    Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart throws a sword at you!
  • Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    Rafter, wal-mart layaway, 10% down, 60 days to take it out...just do it. you can never have too many guns.

do the math...$25 down and only $3.75 a day will help adopt this gun. For the price of a (very expensive) cup of coffee, you can give this poor lonely gun a new home.

"The only way American citizens can adequately be protected from terror and violence is when" those in authority protect us from those who would harm us, instead of protecting us from ourselves.
  • Options
    BushobiBushobi Member Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go for it Rafter- at that price I'd buy two. There's safety in numbers, especially those numbers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ohhhhh, Devil. Don't make my pickup turn into Walmart. Devil, leave my steering wheel alone. Take your hands off me! Get away, Devil!

I'm trying really hard but he's right there with me making me do it.

Hellllllllp....
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll tell ya rafter, I got the 3 1/2mag 870 Express. Only criticism is that mat plastic finish doesn't lend itself to smooth pumping of the action. But $250 aint a bad price and think of all them aftermarket products you can get for it! Magazine tube extensions, side sadles, & folding stocks. Mmmmm 870.

Regards,
    Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart throws a sword at you!
  • Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    Rafter, after you get the gun you can blast that sumbi%@# away with a 3" slug.

"The only way American citizens can adequately be protected from terror and violence is when" those in authority protect us from those who would harm us, instead of protecting us from ourselves.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Buy it, anoint it with oil, and you will be blessed.

The NRA is on our side!