In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Submitted The Book To A Publisher

whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Six revisions and six months later I sent it off to New York City this afternoon.

Wish me luck.

Clouder..

Comments

• Options
    Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    Lots and lots of luck!!! LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of LUCK

Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis

Edited by - shootist3006 on 04/12/2002 21:32:19
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    HOPE IT BECOMES A BEST SELLER!!!!

"It was like that when I got here".
  • Options
    Patrick OdlePatrick Odle Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck Clouder I have a book that has been on the market for almost 2 years. Have received to date 5.17 out of my work. beware and I SPEAK FIRST HAND of all the companies that will crawlout from under their rocks and try to benefit from your work.

Best of Luck On your endevors
    Patrick
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Can I get a signed copy? GHD
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck Clouder- You will have to let us know your true name, so that we can buy it once it is on the market.

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    GoatheadGoathead Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great news! I am Looking forward to Getting it. Please let us know when it gets in Print.
  • Options
    Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great 'Clouder! Is it the one you sent us a part of to read? Can I buy an autographed copy! Good luck!!
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations Clouder.....I recall you said some characters were based on folks from this board....when you sell the movie rights what actors would you recommend play the roles?
  • Options
    5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Way to go clouder! Now maybe I can get some sleep. :)

If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will keep my fingers crossed, 'Clouder!
    Saxon, try an agency rather than a publisher, if they like your stuff, they'll shop it around for you. Even the "big names" work through agencies these days.
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    Best wishes clouder.
    It'd be nice to see someone from this bunch actually amount to something!

My wife?.........Sure!My dog?..........Maybe!MY GUNS??........NEVER!!!
  • Options
    Jungle JimJungle Jim Member Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best of Luck on the book --

I have been a published writer for many years and give this advice : Never pay anyone upfront (or otherwise) to publish anything. True publishers will pay you. Literary agents can sometimes help; but don't pay them upfront either. I've had royalty checks from $XXXXXX to $2.00; that's the nature of the business. Songwriting pays better; you are paid for performances (radio, TV, etc.) plus cd/record sales and sheet music.
    Don't sign an exclusive writer contract with anyone unless you are paid a guarantee for the term of the contract.

Jim

"De Oppresso Liber"
  • Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Congratulations Whiteclouder, Now you may hit the big-time. Did you send the rough draft to Bullzeye to proofread before you publish it. OTO....

KIMBER: Pistol du jour
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clouder...I hope they see the magic in your writing that we have enjoyed here for so long. When it's published I too would treasure a signed copy(I'll send the money for it the moment you get word!!). All the best, Beach

Beach
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good Luck Clouder....sounds like the first printing will sell out here. Let us know where the book signing party will be.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe all us GB junkies should write the publisher begging for a copy of the book that is "rumored" to hit the shelves soon. I can't wait to get my hands on it clouder. Let us know when us "average joes" can be privy to the fruits of your labors.

SSG idsman75, U.S. ARMY
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clouder,Iknow it will be published.I wont to be at the signing,To shake your hand in person.It Will happen.

A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Go Clouder - do we get signed copies?????

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Congrats and good luck ! I'd like to buy a signed copy too .

We only have a few special years with our children in which they desire our time, attention, and love. After that time is over, it is gone forever, and we will be the ones that desire their time, attention, and love. Make those few, short years count -
  • Options
    smokinggunsmokinggun Member Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats Clouder, Put me down for a signed copy also. Better make that two so I can wrap one up and save it. That way, later when you are super famous it will be unread, mint, signed, 1st edition, and worth big bucks. I have to look out for my retirement you know. Best of Luck to You!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations Clouder! I will be looking forward to getting my copy autographed. So I go to Amazon.xxx and hit book, and then enter WhiteClouder, right? I am going to understudy Shootist06 so I can learn to say;

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Edited by - He Dog on 04/13/2002 15:21:19
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    My most sincere best wishes on the success of your book. I don't understand much of what you write here on Gun Broker, because I am not as educated as some, but I'm certain you will be published.

I look forward to seeing you in print. Someday when I'm in Barnes & Noble, looking at the gun magazines, I will say to my wife, Sweetie, did you pick up a copy of Clouder's book and everyone will be impressed that I know an author.

-Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com

Edited by - njretcop on 04/13/2002 15:37:16
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Patrick:
    Email me at whiteclouder@onewest.net.
    If there is something you can tell me that will forestall, for me, your experience, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Ron and T. Paul. I appreciate your submitting yourselves to the rigors of reading a draft. I'm truly grateful. Book two is nearly done, so be ready.

Rembrandt:
    There are several characters who are right off these boards. Two are used, first and last name verbatim, because I love their names. Several others are what I imagine them to be. Movie rights? I would wish. Let's get `er published first.

Saxon:
    Simple solution to your problem, insert some sex, a car chase and a homosexual. Can't miss.
    Seriously, my sending it to a publisher is just the first step of many, if I understand the business. I have not ordered my new Jaguar yet.

J. Jim:
    I'd like an email from you as well. I am a babe-in-the-woods. Any help would be appreciated.

Oto:
    Actually, bullzeye would probably been a good editor.

To the rest of you:
    Thanks for the encouragement, guys and Lori, it's always appreciated.
    It would be my distinct honor to sign copies for anyone here who wanted one. Should it come to that. But, many of you know me well enough to understand I'm not holding my breath. This book writing started as a direct result of a thread timberbeast and I had going where we thought it would be meaningful to write down some of our memories so our grandchildren could understand a little more about us. Primarily, because we are becoming such a mobile society that oftentimes grandparents see very little of their second generation progeny. (HINT: That's the kind of discussion this board used to foster.)

Again, thanks much. I'm one more step up the Maslov mountain because of you guys.

Clouder..
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats Clouder. I hope it turns into a best seller. By all means let us know the title so we can buy the book. I personally enjoy your writing very much.

PC=BS
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck Whiteclouder. Who is the prospective publisher?
  • Options
    FUBARFUBAR Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clouder, Congratulations on completing your book, and good luck with publishing! I would like to see some of the past threads that sounds like were posted with excerpts from the book.

Guns! Guns! Guns!
  • Options
    REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GOOD LUCK, CLOUDER!!!

Let us know what gun store you'll be doing book signings at!
    -Ralph

Nothing very, very good or very, very bad lasts for very, very long.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck!

But what's the book about?

Fiction? Non-fiction?

(It seems my questions may have been addressed sometime in the past, but with this flu I'm fighting right now, my memory is strained.)
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Whiteclouder,

Congratulations and good luck. Let us know when we can buy a copy!

Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!