In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CHILI DOGS & ONION RINGS

Brth729Brth729 Member Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
I got an urge for chili dogs and onion rings for supper. While my son was looking at the dogs and buns, he asked me "Why do hot dogs come in a thing of ten, and buns come in things of eight?" I didn't know how to answer other than that's just how they are. Why is that?

Comments

• Options
    BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So you have to buy a minimum of 4 packs of hot dogs and 5 packs of buns to make it even.KC
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You make beans and weanies with the two left over.Grocery list should be 1 pack hot dogs, 1 pack buns and 1 can beans.WOODS
  • Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    Because the Butcher's Unions and the Baker's Unions have historically never agreed upon anything. No-Really! Look it up.
    Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I circumvent these types of dilemmas by eating all of my chili-dogs 'n onions at the Milwaukee Weiner House #1 in Sioux City, IA. Stop there sometime. You'll thank yourself that you did
  • Options
    Hans GrueberHans Grueber Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its called the Lowest Common Denominator, just like Jerry Springer!
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Steve Martin raised hell about this very thing at the grocery store,in the remake of the classic film 'Father of the Bride'..or was it the one that came after that?.218
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    my dogs dont like the buns, only weenies!works out fine for us. barto
    the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Hans,....Good One!!
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't buy the "10 packs" of buns. I get Martin's potato(e) buns in 8 packs alla time.I see a lot of 8 pack buns on the shelf.AND I'M IN WEST-BY-ZEUS-VIRGINIA.Matter of fact, that's what's for dinner tonite. Nathan's all beef dogs on warm buns with mayo, mustard, onions & Texas Pete chili. I'm salivating already. (At my age, maybe that's just drool. )Mudge the geezerly gourmand
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 03-23-2002).]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mudge has got it, we get 8 packs all the time.Jerry Springer is the only number divisble only by 0.He Dog the mathematicianNow, let's talk about onion rings![This message has been edited by He Dog (edited 03-23-2002).]
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I like chilli dogs from Checkers!They put purple onion on`em. .218
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I miss Checkers. I've only seen em in Florida. I haven't been to FL since I dated that preacher's daughter when I was in college. I never had one of their chili dogs but it sure would be nice to have another one of those Checkers BLT's again.
  • Options
    Submariner .Submariner . Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JUST FOLLOW EACH BITE OF CHILI DOGS AND ONION RINGS WITH A LONG SWALLOW OF YOUR BEER OF CHOICE AND THEN JUST SIT BACK AND LISTEN TO THE MUSIC AND WATCH EVERYONE ELSES EYES WATER.THIS ALSO WORKS FOR PEELING OLD PAINT,STRIPPING VARNISH,AND KEEPING EVERYONE OUTTA MY HAIR WHEN IM ON "GUNBROKER"
    Truck Driver,Submarine Veteran,Rusty Wallace fan,and piss poor typist E-MAIL WNUNLEY@USIT.NET
  • Options
    songdogsongdog Member Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hows bouts some of htem ole ring recipes boys. Here is mine-I case of your favorite brew, make sure it is your favorite4-5 onions flourseason saltcayanne pepperhoney bread crumbs cut onions into slices, put in flour. Then put into 3 cans beer mixed with 1/2 bottle honey. Mix cayenne, salt and bread crumbs. Dredge onions in mixture. Fry in peanut oil until golden brown. Chase em down with the rest of the beer
    Be bold in what you stand for, careful in what you fall for.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    That's easy. Capitalism!
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!