In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

S&W 1911

BigBubbaBigBubba Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
[8D]-Relative same accuracy as my Colt NM

--imgp0032ef1.jpg

--[:o)][:o)]--JIMBO

Comments

• BigBubbaBigBubba Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody have any experience with these? I handled one the other day, seemed to be solid. Surely Smith & Wesson didn't mess up the 1911. I'm not in the market yet, just curious.

"Sure, you can trust the government. Just ask an American Indian."
    -Bumper sticker

The greatest safety device in the universe, when used properly, is the human brain.

"Keep your eyes open, do your own thinking, and be your own man."
    -Marshal Matt Dillon
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Just bought one for a friend two weeks ago. We took it to the range last week. Very, very well built and accurate gun. Got it new in the box for $600 out the door. For the money, it's one of the best I've seen.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to their web site ... safety recall haven't had time to read it yet.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://safety.smith-wesson.com/pages/1911_recall

RUGER.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    To clear up the "I bought it for a friend issue.

The complete story is, I had an account on Gunbroker and I did the bidding on the gun for him. After I won the auction, it was shipped to my FFL here in Texas. My friend went to the shop and filled out the yellow form. I did not purchase the gun on the yellow form then sell it to him. There is a question on the form that says, "Are you the actual buyer of this firearm?", or something to that extent. I couldn't have legally answered that question "yes" if I were not. As long as the yellow form is in his name, it's kosher. Thank you folks for being protective of me, but I'm not an idiot. I appreciate the emails, but at my age, I know better.

I don't mess with the ATF or the IRS.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif