In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Korean 30-06 beginning to show up in stores

JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Just found a place offering 30-06 on belts, 250 rounds in can for $160. Doesn't include shipping.

Sound like a good price on 30-06?

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The CMP still show loose Greek milsurp for $ 98.00 for 200 rounds.

IIRC, some of the Korean stuff has corrosive primers. No doubt someone else knows more about it.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have 2 cans form the cmp and the stuff is good, but it's dark, some a bit dirty. It goes bang. This stuff I talking about is bright shinny like new, on a cloth belt. I could use that to shoot a couple of those machine guns I passed on last weekend.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I haven't bought anything from the CMP for a couple of years. Stocked up with all the 30-06 I'll ever shoot at $ .28 and $ .30 per round as the last of the Lake City and the Greek Spam Cans were being sold. Do not remember getting any that was dark, but they have obviously been digging deeper as of late.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can assure you they are digging near the bottom. The ammo can I got was more rust than green. I was ver disappointed in my ammo can. Like I said, the ammo is dark, just not bright shinny, not that it's a big deal. But the rusted to dust ammo can, that was a let down!
  • Options
    CDMeadCDMead Member Posts: 2,141 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the headstamp on the Korean ammo is "KA" it is corrosively primed. If it is "PS" it is not corrosively primed.

I think you might be able to make up the difference between the CMP Greek and the Korean by selling the cloth belts.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:If the headstamp on the Korean ammo is "KA" it is corrosively primed.
    That is the nastiest, most corrosive ammo, I've ever had the misfortune to use!
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    Strange. One of my nephews had a couple of thousand rounds of Greek .30-06 and .303 British, clean stuff in cartons, all headstamped HXP and dated in the late '70's. He wanted to sell it, so he took it to several gun shows and put a price of 25 cents per round on it. He couldn't even sell one round. So I traded him a shotgun for the .303's, and he put the .30-06 in storage at another nephew's farm.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by machine gun moran
    Strange. One of my nephews had a couple of thousand rounds of Greek .30-06 and .303 British, clean stuff in cartons, all headstamped HXP and dated in the late '70's. He wanted to sell it, so he took it to several gun shows and put a price of 25 cents per round on it. He couldn't even sell one round. So I traded him a shotgun for the .303's, and he put the .30-06 in storage at another nephew's farm.

The price on the 06 surplus jumped to 0.50 per round a couple of years ago, if I remember correctly. It is selling for above that a local shows now.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    If it's the mil surplus, it is mildly corrosive. The powder is okay, but the primers are corrosive.

I bought a bunch for the M1 on M1 clips a few years back, and it shot well.