In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Too much too fast ...bad 12 hrs..

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Got a call last night just before bed that Aunt Queenie had died. She was my wife's great aunt and a real pistol. I really loved that crusty old broad. She loved me too ,God help her. I hope she has found peace and looks down on me kindly.
Got another call that woke me up this morning from the fellow that made me the nice knife who lives with my and my wife's best friend in Philly. She was broadsided by a drunk driver last night and killed. Debbie was just 36 years old . Her 14 year old son Jason is one of the best young men I've ever known. We call him the 'little man' because since it has been just him and his mom, he has taken his job as man of the house more seriously than a lot of grown men do.His mom was everything to the kid. He will have a very tough time ahead of him. I've offered to have him move down here with us after things are settled. If you are the praying type please add this young man to your list and my wife too. They were just talking about growing into old ladies together. We all had plans to go to the beach together for a couple weeks when school got out.Deb had relented and was going to let me give Jason a 22 rifle when they came down. He loves to shoot in the orchard when they visit.Chris is still in Reno, I called her a bit ago. She is devastated. I don't want the phone to ring anymore. Sorry for rambling on so much.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Condolences to you and the families

Whittemore
    Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    The Tool family will be praying for you all.
    TOOLS
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry to hear it bigdaddy, that is a rough night. I think that all of the heavens will deffenitly smile on you for taking the boy in.

"Life is not a journey to the grave wtih the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,

But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

-WOW- WHAT A RIDE!!!!!"
  • duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you're a good man to want to take him in and give him a home. My condolences to you, your family, and Jason.
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    I'm very sorry to hear this..
    Believe me, I know the feeling of that phonecall and the time afterwards..

You and your family will be in my thoughts.

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear this and prayers are sent.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're not rambling; you said it well enough that I really feel a fraction of your pain for the loss of these people. Sometimes life just sucks.

As my Christian mother once said when our young neighbor man died of a brain tumor one week after being diagnosed, "Why him, when there are so many STINKERS out there?!" We won't know in this life...

I'll do as you ask. The young man is going to need some breaks.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sad news indeed.
    Prayers sent.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    Prayers on the way.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Deepest condolences, bdj. When the phone rings late at night, I always hope it is a wrong number.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    My prayers are with you and your family.

f9ef9b6e.jpg

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    prayers offered.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Kurt
    There are no words...Prayers to all. May they both be wrapped in the bosom of our Lord GOD.

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Our prayers are with your family and friends...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I had been trying to get Debbie and Jason to move down here. Better environment for the boy considering the type of guy he is.[young version of a man's man if you know what I mean] She wanted to,but didn't want to leave her family. He can't stay with his dad[divorced years ago] who had a severe brain injury due to a drunk hitting him years ago. His aunts can't take care of themselve's much less raise a kid. One is a drunk in the midst of her second divorce, the other is certifiable. The grandfather is too old [recovering alcoholic]and the grand mother is also certifiable as well as a drunk. The boyfriend would be fine[12 year former Army Ranger, good job etc..] but he has no legal standing and the family would never approve. If she has a will I'm sure it would name Chris as the one she would want her son to go with. I'm going to call Jason and see what he wants to do. Maybe he can atleast come down for a while until he's adjusted to things.It would cost me the rest of my collection, but I could have that entire screwball family declared unfit. What a mess one drunk driver can leave behind.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    You've always been quick to offer prayer for others. Today the Lord be with you, bringing you His peace not as the world gives ...blessing your hand at being a wise blessing to those who need it.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Prayers headed downrange.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Maybe he can atleast come down for a while until he's adjusted to things.It would cost me the rest of my collection, but I could have that entire screwball family declared unfit. What a mess one drunk driver can leave behind.

How much do you think it would cost to get him there?

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
    edited November -1
    I could go get him or have Tim[the boyfriend] bring him down. That's not really a problem. I have some concern with the screwballs trying for custody in order to get the house, insurance or whatever.Even if their intentions are pure none of them are very stable individuals. I'd like to buy him some time to deal with his emotions before having to make any big decisions. I'd like to have him away from the vulturefest if it should go down that way.

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why don't we take up a collection here and see if we can get Jason some legal representation of his own. I'm not rolling in cash right now. But, I'd be willing to throw in a few bucks. A good lawyer might make the difference between Jason deciding his own fate, rather than the idiot family members deciding it for him.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
    edited November -1
    I'll wait to see how it plays out for now. I've gotten word to him that I'm coming up and that he is welcome to come here for as long as he wants. I told the family about my offer to him and a couple even thought it might be a good idea. We'll see what happens. And thanks.

• chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm very sorry for your loss. My wife and I will keep your family in our prayers. Best of luck to you.

New Hampshire, USA - "Live Free or Die!!!"
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Our prayers for all involved have been offered.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto Woods, prayers sent.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear it, but prayers have been sent.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif