In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A real eye opener

paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just got back from the funeral home. They had to have visitation at the church because of the large crowd expected! Several police were there directing traffic! It is so sad to see all those High School kids crying over the loss of their coach and friend!
Randy's motto was to fear no one but respect everybody, and most of all never , never,quit! He fought a hard battle against a terrible disease! They had his casket decorated in the school colors, and with emblems of his favorite Pro teams!
I feel so bad for his two boys,and his wife! Sometimes life is not fair. It kinda puts things into perspective, makes all our little petty differences and squabbling on here seem so trivial!

pa.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
This was the Ancient law of Youth
Old times are past, old times are done:
But the Law runs true, O little son!

Comments

• elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea Pa sometimes the cards we are dealt in life are very bitter. But there is always hope of what lies ahead.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:It kinda puts things into perspective

Too much freakin' perspective...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can tell a lot about how a person lived by the people that attend his farewell. Apparently your friend was one of the winners in life. My prayers will continue for him, his family and you.....

denny
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I've posted the quote before " Death is more universal than life. Everyone dies, but not every one lives". It's not the years in our life., but the life in our years that counts. I have buried many friends as well as my first wife at a very young age. There is nothing fair about it. I see people every day that are a drain on society, but God has seen fit to grant them health and longetivity of life. I am burying a good friend Saturday. Deacon of the church. Boy scout leader. Loving father & husband. Hard worker. 48 years old, and the big C got him. Tim, you figure it out, let me know.

Proud member of the NRA

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
    Abraham Lincoln

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
    Albert Einstein
  • benzappedbenzapped Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I am burying a good friend Saturday. Deacon of the church. Boy scout leader. Loving father & husband. Hard worker. 48 years old, and the big C got him. Tim, you figure it out, let me know.

Obviously the work God had planned for him to do was done. He was called Home.
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Pa

My father told me from the time I was old enough to even think about complaining that "life is not always fair." I greater truth I have never known.

The Docs have been messing with me lately and after knocking real hard on death's door and peaking a look inside 9 years ago life and things that are important come into perspective.

I am glad 2002-03 is over. In less than 12 months I saw 7 people I knew and several quite well, including my best friend, all of them under the age of 50 get the light of life snuffed out. Way too young.

"Life is short, just shorter for some than others."

My dad's brother died when he was only 49. At the casket at the family service I was 12 standing next to my dad. Dad commented that there was not one gray hair on his brother's head and said: "49. That is too young. Then he looked at me and smiled and said, it was only 49 years but your uncle lived about three complete lifetimes in those 49 years."

Obiviously this friend was loved and respected by many. He impacted many young kids while living and his death has impacted them as well. Maybe they will put their own life into prespective by his example. At those kids' 50th class reunion, they will still be remembering and talking about him. It certainly sounds as if his short life was not a wasted life.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pabooger
    I feel so bad for his two boys,and his wife!

They will remember the support and respect all of you have shown. I just don't know what to say at times like this. I'm glad you and the community are there for them.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif