In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Happy me

varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
My new Franchi o/u arrived today.It is plume purty and fits like a dream.sxsman i had to give up my little Browning 20gaBss with a English stock to get it,But I think it was worth it.It has rained thirteen days in a role here.Soon as it stops I intend a all out dove attack.I know this gun cant miss,just have to see what I can do.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Well dont really care if anybody else is happy for me are not.Im still in love with it.I recon thats all that matters.
  • Options
    DaRoostaDaRoosta Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm happy for you. Hope it quits raining so you can get out there and test it out.
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    I'm happy for you....Just a little upset you let the Browning go.........aaaaarrrrgggghhhh....HAHAHAHA, good hunting..I'm waiting for pheasant season....
    I don't make jokes; I just watch the government and report the facts.Will Rogers
  • Options
    ishootblanksishootblanks Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm happy for yoy varmint hunter. Franchi makes some mighty fine guns. Which model and what guage did you get?
    Without the NRA, the second ammendment would already be gone!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys,Ireally needed the words after giving up the Browning.The Franchi was born 12 ga with 28in barels.It has the same screw in chokes as my Benelli.Side plates have pheasent on one side qual on the other.Yelp it's still raining... Fourteen days in a row now.When it doe's stop I will be able to pattern it on the skeeter clouds.
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Varmit:We are having one of those rare years where it hasn't froze the first week in September. We usually wait through the month of August, salivating at phone wires sagging four feet with the weight of resting doves. The night of August 31st will produce a freeze and you can go out next evening and not see a single dove, they've all moved to Utah. At least you have the chance of getting out after the rain. My doves are on their way to you. Or, you can go after the White Wings, lucky devil. Enjoy the Franchi, and hope the person who bought the Browning enjoys it as well.Clouder..
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    U some * !Didn't even get me an email,(Sxs you interested in another BSS?),but nooooooo!Only thinkin of ole Varh.Really,that's a nice piece,I'm very happy for you.Really,you should have emailed me u some * !.OK,I'm over it.I'm still happy for you some errr varmit hunter.I'VE GOT TWO,COULD USE 3 OR 4 OR 5 OR 6 OR 7 OR..........................................................................................................................................ok,you get my point.Ps. Call me next time SXSMAN@HOTMAIL.COM
  • Options
    TLynnTLynn Member Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Varmithunter - I'm truly happy on your new aquisition. Sure hope you have a lot of fun time shooting it.T out
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Dang it varmit,and here I am with nuthin` but a few two hundred dollar pumps and autos. Some guys can afford anything,if I had your money I`d burn mine.
  • Options
    shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got to say that I'm jealous! I wanna new shotgun too...................It don't look like I'm gonna get one any time soon so I'll just be happy for you!! "for now"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sxsman This may help a little,I actualy picked out a home for it.I had metiond it here about nine months ago.A BIRD hunter contacted me from another state.He told me how bad he wonted it to quail hunt with .Quail hunting will always be my first love.Was a semi pro dog traner for twenty five years.Now that I cant walk,I have settled for things that come to me.I had two very high offers from people who just wonted to put it in the rack.This guy said it would take him about five months to rase the money.I cut the price to fit his budget.Some how i think a little of me will be there for each exploding covey rise.Clouder,Hope you can cut a chunk outa them doves before they come my way,dont shakum to bad,cause my swing ant what it used to be.Thanks to all of you,I wish yall new how each and every one of you helps me through the day.Bless you my friends.