In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I really did this?.

varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
I have wound up buying a AK47.I think I need to cut back on my meds.I mean the eleventh commandment says,Thy shall only fire a rifle that hasath a bolt.What am I going to do with this much ugly?.A dog would close it's eyes if it humped this thing.

Maybe we can dream up some kind of contest,So I can give it away.They told me this new treatment would cause side affects, But a AK,NO,No way.

A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.

Comments

• Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Well look on the bright side.

At least now, you have at least as much sense as the Soviets and twice as much as Robert McNamara.

I have a SAR-1 and I love it dearly. I couldnt make it jam or misfire if I tried.

I dont know of a single AR-15 in any configuration that could EVER boast that.

A fine cigar gladdens the soul."Remember, there are only two: The Quick, and the Dead"
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think it will be much good for hunting Varmit, but maybe you could armor plate the chair like Saxon suggests and join the Republic of Texas. You would probably be at least an Admiral!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now you guys have got me to thinking.Got to start work on a mount for the chair.Just may slow down the speeders, when I go get the mail.Thanks guys.

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lord help us! Next, the ol' Varmit is gonna be putting anti-aircraft guns on there! Ya always wanted to drive a tank didn't you?
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Varmit:
    Absolutely nothing wrong with an AK-47----if you are devoid of pride. Your first tenet was correct, if it ain't got a turning bolt, ya ain't got no business owning it, you're a varmint shooter.

Second small piece of advice from one old fart to another, disregard, out of hand and without compunction, all advice from a teenager. If they were as smart as they thought themselves and we were as dumb as they think, they would all commit suicide.

Maybe you can find a nice piece of Claro to put on that ugly AK. Second thought, just hide it until someone comes along that wants it.

Clouder..
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Varmit,
    I thought I was a purist too until last year. Last spring at Tulsa my son bought a SKS and everytime he wanted to look at something he would hand me that thing to hold. I told him that somebody I know could see me holding that thing and it would ruin my reputation. Well after I shot his I went and bought one. Then a Yugo m-48 and then a Mosin m-44 and then Christmas my kid gave me an Romanion Ak and it's all down hill since then. You have to be careful storing them ugly's in your safe with your real guns. It could lead to some really ugly pups. Seriously they are real fun tin can killers and cheap to shoot. But I don't think it will live up to your kind of precision shooting.

"It's great to be great, but it's greater to be human." Will Rogers
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    VH that AK might be handy for those fast running gophers in the back yard

Some guys like a mag full of lead, I prefer one round to the head.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Clouder,I had to confess.I was really hoping you would not see it.I will head your words about the key board commando.

I need to post a pic of the chair.It is totally custom built.It is a off road model.It came with weelay bars on the back,And solid mud grip tires.I added a pick up type gun rack on the left side.The right side has a two compartment toat bag.Will hold a bunch of pistols.It can run fourteen mph.I was at one of the large hospitals at the medical center in Houston.A DR. from Boston saw the chair.He asked if I would wait while he got his camera.He said he could not make the folks back in Boston understand, How we Texacans are about our guns.He took about a dozen pictures of it.My truck is a Z 71,And I call me off road crutches Z 72's.My buddies had a decal made for the back of the chair that says Z 73.I have won three trap matches out of it ,And shot a perfect score in IDPA.The best part,Is the look on a game wardens face,When he sees me come out of the woods with a turkey tied on the back.

• Options
    bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Varmint Hunter: Didn't know you were in a chair. Yes, please post a pic. My 8-year-old is in one also. He would love to see it. Not walking hasn't slowed him down one bit. Played t-ball last year in it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    bhayes,I will do my best.Not to good at that ,But anything for a 8 year old.

• Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saxon:
    Yeah, you're right. Forgot about #1 and its predecessors. Some of them were works of art.

Clouder..
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bullzeye
    You have a good point, however I can't remember the last time my AR jambed either ... and it will shoot a sub 1" group all day long ... as I've said before, if I was to go into battle an AK or SKS may well be my weapon of choice (if I had that choice) ... although I don't forsee that happining, I do keep a Russian SKS around just in case!

varmit hunter,
    Let us know how you feel when you use the old bump-fire to burn a few mags ... sometimes you just gotta!

Sometimes the most obvious, IS the most elusive!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com

Edited by - kimberkid on 04/12/2002 18:51:30
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:At least now, you have at least as much sense as the Soviets and twice as much as Robert McNamara.

I have a SAR-1 and I love it dearly. I couldnt make it jam or misfire if I tried.

I dont know of a single AR-15 in any configuration that could EVER boast that.

Whatay'all think? Is he battin for the wrong team?

Can't wait to hear his comments on Toyota's and American cars.
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Varmit Hunter, If you ever get to VA you better find me cause I'll take you to my "honey holes" and we'll shoot some varmits!! If I miss you can get them on the run with that wonderful gun of yours!!! The welcome mat is out! GHD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Big thanks GD.If you ever get to Texas,We will work on some coyotes.