In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GB time

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Ok, I know GB is based in the BIG A (Atlanta) and they are on the same time zone as PA is. I guessed after daylight saving time kicked in they would be on the right time but I see their clocks scooted ahead as well, why and the heck is GB forums an hour fast and the auction time correct?

Comments

• Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The short answer is that they are using an old version of bulletin board software that has a bunch of bugs. They tried to correct the time a while back and things started not to work. The computer automatically jumps ahead to daylight savings time, so we are still an hour off. Believe it or not.On the auction part, the correct time is critical and it affects business = the bottom line for GB. On the discussion side, whether they have the correct time or not doesn't earn or lose them an additional nickel. So there's not much of an incentive to fix it.[This message has been edited by Gordian Blade (edited 04-07-2002).]
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I thought I explained this before:They are somewhere in the Burmuda Trianal!!.218
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bee, When are they going to give you your own show on the Discovery channel?.I think it is just wrong that your wisdom be contaned .
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Varmit,..Rembrandt,shane,simonbs,will270,and a few of us once talked of a vidio,on wrestlin` alligators,in the water at night.It was going to be somewhat of a fly-by-night version of 'The Crocadile Hunter.I am not that good at self promoting..I guess I could have taken a few pointers from my late uncle.He got himself a role in that film WIND ACCROSS THE EVERGLADES,in 1958..and his songs played in GONE FISHIN~..with Willie Nelson`s charactor having a unique nickname veeerrryy simular to his.Come to think of it,the college kid I work with,is a film student,and we have talked of projects....more to come. .218[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 04-07-2002).]
  • Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    When you get around to it I will drive that airboat for ya. but I aint wrestling no gators and I am going to carry my old Ragedy Hi-Standard with some buckshot for Moc's. OTO
  • Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    When I first got on gunbroker I asked the same question. But Like BEE Says you just need to get used to operating on Atlantic Time....
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heck Bee ,I got a camera with night vision.We could do a tag team match.Let's get going.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.