In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

17HRM Onr more time.

varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
I know we have worked this one over,More than once.Here are the guts and graphs. http://www.varmintal.com/17hmr.htm.
A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.

Comments

• Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now does he realy expect us to belive he shoots 320 yards hitting squirrels with it?? That thing does better than some cneter fire rifles. Guess I'll have to buy one and find out for myself.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good shootin' Mr. Hunter. I bet PETA's gonna get after ya
    PC=BS
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    I wish mine would get here so I could at least try it out to 150-200 yds. If I'm gonna shoot 320 it will be with something else. That guy that did the article you talk about must shoot everyday as much stuff as he puts on that website!!! The downloadable targets from him are usable and handy!! GHD
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For Varmint Hunter 320 yards is an off hand shot. Ya oughta see him at the bench, he shoots the fleas off the squirrels! That .17 is still to small for javelina and larger, so no use to me.
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One day I was spotting shots for my brother. I saw a spider crawl out on the target, so did he. The 22-250 spit a 55gr pill downrange and as I watched, a hole appeared where the spider was and the hole sported three legs, two on one side, one on the other. We laughed 'til we damn near choked. Around the campfire, we still talk about walkin' bullet holes.Clouder..
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some times a shot like that, Is worth more than a big old buck.In the fall we have swarms of love bugs.They fly around in clouds attached by there rear ends.They are attracted to white.We go to the range and put up white paper.You can burn up a lot of .22 shells trying to separate them.There is a local name for them , But I cant print it here.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.