In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Clouder

varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Havent herd much from you.Hope things are O.K. Maybe Spring finely made it up your way.I am geting a low level alarm on my wisdom count.Need to hear from you.I have noticed we are loosing way to many good guys.Next thing will be Lowrider toping off that Harley,And heading for a place with no name. Saxon will become head of some universty in the North West Terrtory.Then Mudge could get fed up with the whole bunch of us.Hedog may get ate by a snake.O the sorrow of it all.
Varmit the bumdout

The most important things, Are not things.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    May I offer a piece of advice?

In a general sense, some of the characters are too close, to 'visible', too knowable. I think leaving something to the imagination might work better. A bit of mystery, something left unsaid, might be better.

You do an excellent job of background, but maybe the reader knows too much. L'Amour and Grey left lots of stuff out, forcing the reader to conjure up their own mental image of that particular character and situation. As they went through the pages, the reader would constantly compare their mental image to the storyline.

It's the romance of print.

Even King, who writes 'million' page books (don't like him personally) leaves volumes to the reader's imagination. He changes up the story line in print so the reader doesn't really know what's happening, forcing them (in many cases) to re-read sections of the novel, only to find nothing. Then they have to imagine what the author is saying.

Some mystique might help and take it to the next level. Your writing is awesome, but maybe there's too much information.

Just my thought after reading everything (well, all I have).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you read this PLEASE E-Mail me at rrobison@gt.rr.com as soon as you can.

The most important things, Are not things.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Young feller like that needs open spaces, William:

Shooting in the shade of a juniper tree,
    on a range laid out cross a land that's still free,
    with wild flowers smiling as life 'sposed to be,
    and a son and his father form the bond in the "we."

Enjoy his company, my friend.

Clouder..

Clouder, that was nice. With your permission may I use that poem to give to my boys? Not sure what I'll do yet, small framed picture of us shooting with the poem below or whatever. But may I?

Didnt want to hijack Williams thread.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Would you go back and look at my post on dogs?.I would have liked for you to have known him.Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I did catch that X ring shot you made on the Elk hunt post.Sure like your style.Would love to spend a evening at a chess board with you.